Capturing output of "Analyze Game" from HCE

Get your specific HIARCS/Junior support questions answered here as well as up-to-the-minute news!

Moderators: Watchman, Mark Uniacke, mrudolf

art1

Capturing output of "Analyze Game" from HCE

Post by art1 »

Could someone kindly tell me how I can capture the output from the "Analyze Game" feature of HCE? HCE has just completed a ten hour analysis of a game and while I can see the output on the screen, I can't figure out how to copy (or save, or print...) the analysis.

I'm on a Mac running Mavericks...

Thanks in advance.
Mark Uniacke
Hiarcs Author

Post by Mark Uniacke »

Game Analysis will add move symbols and variation annotations to the game notation where it finds moves worthy of note. If you have checked the Show only errors checkbox then only serious errors will be shown.

Without knowing the game you are annotating and the exact settings and engine used it is difficult to comment further.
Best wishes,
Mark

https://www.hiarcs.com
Mark Uniacke
Hiarcs Author

Post by Mark Uniacke »

It seems I misunderstood the question, you have analysis in the game notation and want to know how to save or print it...

You can print the game using the File->Print->Current game
btw you can add diagrams and your own comments also to the notation before printing if you want to add your own content.

You can save the game to the current database by clicking the floppy disk icon above right to the notation view (or use the Game->Save menu item).

If you want to copy it as a PGN in text format to paste into an email, file, another database or another chess program use the Edit->Copy->Game menu item or (Cmd+C for Mac or Ctrl+C for PC)

You can copy and paste it directly to another database by opening the destination database and then back in the tab containing the game you can choose Edit->Copy games... and in the dialog that opens select current game and the destination database.
Best wishes,
Mark

art1

Post by art1 »

Thanks Mark for the prompt response.

I'm sorry I wasn't more clear. What I'm trying to do is to capture/print/copy the output that results from the "Start/stop current engine" button, which appears in the *lower* of the two output windows after invoking the "Analyze game" option under the "Game" menu at the top. The copy-paste option works (for example) to capture the output from the *top* window, but not (for me at least) from the bottom window, and I can't otherwise figure out how to include this element of the output when printing the results from the analysis (e.g. I would like to include the optimal search tree for given moves when analyzed to particular depths - in this case the output from the "Show analysis history and statistics" button).
Mark Uniacke
Hiarcs Author

Post by Mark Uniacke »

If you click on the blue evaluation output the analysis will be added to the game notation.

If you right click the mouse you can copy the best line or all the lines in the analysis view.
Best wishes,
Mark