Problem with live pgn parsing (HCE 1.51)

Get your specific HIARCS/Junior support questions answered here as well as up-to-the-minute news!

Moderators: Watchman, Mark Uniacke, mrudolf

Jianzhao

Problem with live pgn parsing (HCE 1.51)

Post by Jianzhao »

when I watch live games using HCE, I encountered a problem.

the first time to load the live pgn, everything is OK, but if there are games with the same white side and black side, the next time reloading the pgn, the very first game will be updated, instead of updating current game.

First met this problem when I watched the world chess cup, while the final round have four games, so there were games with the same white/black names.

Now again, I have this problem when I watch the Wch women 2013, we can reproduce the problem when watch the ongoing games. Hope it will be fixed soon.

I have another problem when I open pgn which has positions without one king, I found the default position of the missing king is a1, and if a1 is in check, I can't input other moves. Can this situation be improved? I want to input the move in no king position (some are OK, but the ones with a1 in check are not)

for example,
[fen]6k1/3R3p/4r1bR/4q1b1/7Q/8/8/8 w - - 0 1[/fen]
I can't input moves other than Qd4 or Rd4;

while,
[fen]3qr1k1/5ppp/4pn2/6B1/5RBQ/8/8/8 w - - 0 1[/fen]
I can input any moves I want
packi

Post by packi »

May I ask where you get the URLs for the live games from? Let's say for the women Wch 2013 or for the Sinquefield Cup 2013. Thanks!
Jianzhao

Post by Jianzhao »

packi wrote:May I ask where you get the URLs for the live games from? Let's say for the women Wch 2013 or for the Sinquefield Cup 2013. Thanks!
from http://www.theweekinchess.com/

and you can use
http://www.theweekinchess.com/assets/fi ... wchw13.pgn

the third round is over now, round 4 will begin at 15:00( GMT+8 ) tomorrow
packi

Post by packi »

Thanks a lot! :D
Jianzhao

Post by Jianzhao »

packi wrote:Thanks a lot! :D
you're welcome :D