HCE 1.5.1 Hash Table Problem

Get your specific HIARCS/Junior support questions answered here as well as up-to-the-minute news!

Moderators: Watchman, Mark Uniacke, mrudolf

TimC

HCE 1.5.1 Hash Table Problem

Post by TimC »

Hi Mark,
After updating to the most current version I have found that I cannot set a hashtable size above 512MB. What's up with that?

I used to have it set a 1024MB (am still running XP) for all engines and was just fooling around today and saw that I am now limited to 512MB.

Is this a bug? Is there a workaround? I cannot even type in 1024 in the "hash table" size, it cuts me off at 102, will not allow a 4th digit.

Help is appreciated.
Tim
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

Re: HCE 1.5.1 Hash Table Problem

Post by Harvey Williamson »

TimC wrote:Hi Mark,
After updating to the most current version I have found that I cannot set a hashtable size above 512MB. What's up with that?

I used to have it set a 1024MB (am still running XP) for all engines and was just fooling around today and saw that I am now limited to 512MB.

Is this a bug? Is there a workaround? I cannot even type in 1024 in the "hash table" size, it cuts me off at 102, will not allow a 4th digit.

Help is appreciated.
Tim
I just tried this and it worked fine for me - perhaps you can email Hiarcs support with a a screenshot.
TimC

Post by TimC »

@Harvey. Need address, thanks
TimC

Post by TimC »

Found address and sent a screen shot. Would really like this to be fixed, thanks.
LoveChessAH

Hash for TB is fixed max. 512 MB

Post by LoveChessAH »

I can agree, i have the same problem to give more than 512 MB...if i enter manually 1024 MB it is stop at 102 MB...only 3 numbers can fill in.

[/img]
Michael Blake

Post by Michael Blake »

On the Mac version in Preferences I can set the hash up to 2048 whilst in Analysis Explorer I am able to set any hash size (apparently)
stagehand

Post by stagehand »

Sorry to say I am having the same problems, I change the hash size up to 4096 on some of the engines where I can,(on Stockfish it only lets me use 3 numbers) yet after I close down the whole thing goes back to 'factory setting'. Also having same problem with setting 'Treads'??
TimC

Post by TimC »

Mark,
Are you any closer to fixing this horrible hash table problem? Last you wrote to me (off here) said end of August. Hoping you have had some time to get this resolved soon.
Mark Uniacke
Hiarcs Author

Post by Mark Uniacke »

This issue seems to affect the Windows version, the Mac version allows higher hash table sizes. This is being fixed in v1.6, we hope the new version will be available in a few weeks as a free update for existing customers.
Best wishes,
Mark

https://www.hiarcs.com