Open URL requires URL ending in ".pgn"?

Get your specific HIARCS/Junior support questions answered here as well as up-to-the-minute news!

Moderators: Watchman, Mark Uniacke, mrudolf

PawnDog

Open URL requires URL ending in ".pgn"?

Post by PawnDog »

Just got around to upgrading from 1.2 to 1.4 and wanted to try out the Open URL feature to follow games on GameKnot. Unfortunately, GameKnot URLs for downloading PGN don't end in ".pgn" and HIARCS seems to insist on this (the OK button is inactive if the URL doesn't end in ".pgn").

I would post a example URL from GameKnot but this forum won't let me post a URL. Needless to say, it doesn't end in ".pgn"

Am I missing something or is this unfortunate requirement baked into HIARCS?
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

Re: Open URL requires URL ending in ".pgn"?

Post by Harvey Williamson »

PawnDog wrote:Just got around to upgrading from 1.2 to 1.4 and wanted to try out the Open URL feature to follow games on GameKnot. Unfortunately, GameKnot URLs for downloading PGN don't end in ".pgn" and HIARCS seems to insist on this (the OK button is inactive if the URL doesn't end in ".pgn").

I would post a example URL from GameKnot but this forum won't let me post a URL. Needless to say, it doesn't end in ".pgn"

Am I missing something or is this unfortunate requirement baked into HIARCS?
Be patient you can post a url in post number 2. Stopping them in the 1st post stops 90% of spam bots :-)