Ipad - delete old books and pgn databases

Get your specific HIARCS/Junior support questions answered here as well as up-to-the-minute news!

Moderators: Watchman, Mark Uniacke, mrudolf

first slip

Ipad - delete old books and pgn databases

Post by first slip »

How can I delete a pgn database or a book from the app? I cannot find a way other than deleting and then re-installing the app and the databases/books I wish to keep.
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

Re: Ipad - delete old books and pgn databases

Post by Harvey Williamson »

first slip wrote:How can I delete a pgn database or a book from the app? I cannot find a way other than deleting and then re-installing the app and the databases/books I wish to keep.
I think you can delete it on iTunes and then resync.
Mark Uniacke
Hiarcs Author

Re: Ipad - delete old books and pgn databases

Post by Mark Uniacke »

first slip wrote:How can I delete a pgn database or a book from the app? I cannot find a way other than deleting and then re-installing the app and the databases/books I wish to keep.
You can delete a PGN database in HIARCS Chess by using Load game and chosing a database and then tapping the trash can icon (top right).

Deleting an opening book can be done in iTunes File Sharing.
Best wishes,
Mark

https://www.hiarcs.com
first slip

Post by first slip »

Many thanks for your help. I had not realised one could delete in iTunes File Sharing. I had tried many times to rt click on a file in the hope of a context menu, without success. Your post encouraged me to try a little harder and I find it is enough to lt click and press delete! And the pgn delete within the app also works fine as you pointed out. Again many thanks.