Chess Explorer

Get your specific HIARCS/Junior support questions answered here as well as up-to-the-minute news!

Moderators: Watchman, Mark Uniacke, mrudolf

Mark Uniacke
Hiarcs Author

Post by Mark Uniacke »

sfxandy wrote:Mark,

I don't supposed I'll be lucky enough that Chess Explorer is enhanced for the Retina Display MBP's? :wink:

Also ..... any nearer to a release? Have been aching for a chess GUI since Apple dropped support for legacy PPC apps in Lion/Mountain Lion. And all the other GUI offerings are weak to say the least... :shock:
Yes it supports Retina display for the chess board/piece graphics with up to 2400x2400 pixel chess boards without any loss of quality.

Final installer is being built.
Best wishes,
Mark

https://www.hiarcs.com
Quibbly34

Post by Quibbly34 »

Groovy :D
sockmonkey

Post by sockmonkey »

Mark Uniacke wrote:Final installer is being built.
I have projects that take an hour to build, but 3 days? Maybe you need to invest in a slightly faster computer. ;-)

jb
Mark Uniacke
Hiarcs Author

Post by Mark Uniacke »

I don't just build something and shove it out the door! :shock:

It needs to be regression tested.
Best wishes,
Mark

https://www.hiarcs.com
Quibbly34

Stay calm everyone

Post by Quibbly34 »

Don't worry Mark - if Chess Explorer is as special I suspect it will be - then all the delay & lack of info will be soon forgotten.

I for one have been checking daily for at least 6 months - so it did get a little frustrating. With a project of this scale it must be almost impossible to release it free from all flaws..you only have to look at the Aquarium release & the subsequent updates that followed!

Hoping to get my hands on your Magnum Opus soon :D

Andrew
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

Re: Stay calm everyone

Post by Harvey Williamson »

Quibbly34 wrote:Don't worry Mark - if Chess Explorer is as special I suspect it will be - then all the delay & lack of info will be soon forgotten.

I for one have been checking daily for at least 6 months - so it did get a little frustrating. With a project of this scale it must be almost impossible to release it free from all flaws..you only have to look at the Aquarium release & the subsequent updates that followed!

Andrew
I received the final version today. It is looking very good :)
Quibbly34

Chess Explorer

Post by Quibbly34 »

That's fantastic news......I'm all excited lol
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Harvey Williamson wrote:
Quibbly34 wrote:Don't worry Mark - if Chess Explorer is as special I suspect it will be - then all the delay & lack of info will be soon forgotten.

Andrew
I received the final version today. It is looking very good :)
Stop the teasing!!

Andrew
mdannib

Post by mdannib »

Harvey Williamson wrote: I received the final version today. It is looking very good :)
Some screenshot ?

/Matteo
Cubeman

Post by Cubeman »

New HIARCS Chess Server integrated with the new Chess Explorer GUI provide innovative new features for chess players.
What does this mean? Is it a server to play chess like ICC or FICS?
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

Post by Harvey Williamson »

Chess Explorer is now released please use this new thread for any questions. http://hiarcs.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=55188#55188