Chess Explorer

Get your specific HIARCS/Junior support questions answered here as well as up-to-the-minute news!

Moderators: Watchman, Mark Uniacke, mrudolf

IanO

Post by IanO »

Let us know if you need beta testers for any particular hw-sw combinations. I'm sure we are all itching to try Explorer out with the new year's Mac releases of Stockfish and Critter (and Hiarcs' latest books; assuming you implement Sigma's Book Monitor feature).
tom123

Post by tom123 »

If Hiacs chess explorer is a GUI for mac only then, is there no hope for windows users ?? I sincerely urges Mark Uniacke to give address on this.
I also wish him all the best for his project and Hiarcs 14 !!
Mark Uniacke
Hiarcs Author

Post by Mark Uniacke »

All will be revealed over the next few weeks, I think you might be pleasantly surprised.
Best wishes,
Mark

https://www.hiarcs.com
tom123

Post by tom123 »

Mark Uniacke wrote:All will be revealed over the next few weeks, I think you might be pleasantly surprised.
That's great !! that's great !!
Thank you :)
Jnaud

Post by Jnaud »

When real news? For now, the features listed are just what we can expect for any commercial GUI. Nothing really exciting. When can we expect real information and even a release date?
When you see a good move, look for a better one - Lasker
sockmonkey

Post by sockmonkey »

Jnaud wrote:When real news? For now, the features listed are just what we can expect for any commercial GUI. Nothing really exciting. When can we expect real information and even a release date?
Spring 2012 is the release date, as stated on the website. What's the rush?
Jnaud

Post by Jnaud »

It's just that I bought Hiarcs with Sigma Chess on my Mac last year and now Sigma Chess no longer works on Lion, so I have an expensive (even if it is worthy) chess engine and I can not use to analyse my games. I don't blame anyone for that (it is absolutely not the Hiarcs team fault), but for now I use Hiarcs for the reason I bought it. I just can't wait to use Hiarcs analyse my games. Sorry if my impatience bothers you, it is not my purpose.
SchuBi

use ExaChess ligt as GUI

Post by SchuBi »

@jnaud
You can use ExaChess light as GUI.
http://www.exachess.com/files/exachess-lite-402.dmg
Copy Hiarcs (or an Alias) to
User/Library/Application Support/ExaChess/Engines
Wenn Null besonders groß ist, ist es beinahe so groß wie ein bißchen Eins.
Jnaud

Post by Jnaud »

Thanks for the suggestion. I already tried this software and it does not what I want to do. It don't analyze the whole game and suggesting me better moves to replace my mistakes. It is the most important feature I use in a GUI. I could use Shredder classic GUI, but I have to use Shredder because it crashes when I analyze with Hiarcs into it. I just have to wait and exercice my patience...

@Hiarcs team
What is the new feature listed "Hiarcs chess server"? Is it a network to play against other Hiarcs Chess Explorer costomers? If it the case, that is great news!
SchuBi

Sorry

Post by SchuBi »

My fault - i apologize. I use ExaChessPro as GUI, which runs with Hiarcs und Stockfish.
Wenn Null besonders groß ist, ist es beinahe so groß wie ein bißchen Eins.
Mark Uniacke
Hiarcs Author

Post by Mark Uniacke »

Apologies for the delay in responding.

The chess server is not currently ready for inter customer play but will offer useful innovative services which we plan to grow over time.
Best wishes,
Mark

https://www.hiarcs.com
Jnaud

Post by Jnaud »

Advanced Analysis features allow game analysis with multiple engines showing multiple lines of play. Post game analysis with variation commentary and annotation allows you to check your own games or any you select for blunders and improvements.
That is really great feature! I use chess GUIs mainly to analyze games and I never know wich engine prefer. This feature can help to see clearly the differences between chess engines and not beeing stuck into one line of play.
Innovative Openings Explorer gives new insight into chess openings from different perspectives including access to the world's strongest opening book. With special features for HIARCS Chess opening book subscribers.
I can't wait to learn more about this feature! It can make the opening book much more useful.

For me, these two features are the more expected.
Krachkind

Post by Krachkind »

Hey people, been lurking these forums for a while now and I thought it was time to come out into the light, given that I've been checking daily for news regarding Chess Explorer, but the main page keeps saying "last updated March 9th 2012"...

It looks fantastic so far, and I'm absolutely positive it will be - I NEED THIS!
So the real question is, I guess - are you allowed to/can you give an estimated release date? Or something like "Sorry, but we've hit a wall with one of the new features and it won't be out until maybe June :(" ?

Thanks in advance!
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

Post by Harvey Williamson »

Krachkind wrote:Hey people, been lurking these forums for a while now and I thought it was time to come out into the light, given that I've been checking daily for news regarding Chess Explorer, but the main page keeps saying "last updated March 9th 2012"...

It looks fantastic so far, and I'm absolutely positive it will be - I NEED THIS!
So the real question is, I guess - are you allowed to/can you give an estimated release date? Or something like "Sorry, but we've hit a wall with one of the new features and it won't be out until maybe June :(" ?

Thanks in advance!
It should be out before the end of the spring.
Krachkind

Post by Krachkind »

That would be FANTASTIC!! I cannot wait, especially as I know you won't be releasing anything that isn't actually fit for release yet.
SO looking forward to this!!