Hiarcs for iphone now available !

Get your specific HIARCS/Junior support questions answered here as well as up-to-the-minute news!

Moderators: Watchman, Mark Uniacke, mrudolf

Bouddha

Post by Bouddha »

So it should happen this week.

Looking forward to compare it to other handled devices.

By the way, I today see no real comparable/strong engines for iPhone compared to PPC.
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

Post by Harvey Williamson »

Bouddha wrote:So it should happen this week.

Looking forward to compare it to other handled devices.

By the way, I today see no real comparable/strong engines for iPhone compared to PPC.
Shredder is probably the strongest closely followed by Glaurung until Hiarcs is finally in the App store :-)
Bouddha

Post by Bouddha »

Well, I am really not impressed by Shredder on iPhone.

Seems to me that its much weaker than the PPC version.
Dont know if this is true ?

regards
Ted Summers

Post by Ted Summers »

Bouddha wrote:Well, I am really not impressed by Shredder on iPhone.

Seems to me that its much weaker than the PPC version.
Dont know if this is true ?

regards
I've even read that Glaurung is stronger than Shredder when it comes to the Ipod. Would be interesting to play a match between the two Ipod versions of Glaurung and Shredder.
"Good decisions come from experience, and experience come from bad decisions."
nahab

Post by nahab »

Glaurung is not better, only stronger.

I find good the functions from Shredder ppc ... i don't know like it is to Shredder iphone.

all programms are strnger as Shredder pcket pc

# Pocket Fritz 3 (Crafty 22.0 and Hiarcs 12.1)
# CE Board with (Fruit2.2 and 2.3, gfruit Toga II 11a and 121a and Hiarcs 12.1
# Pocketgrandmaster with (TogaIIv.1 SE and all Engine you can download)
# Thinker
# Scid (Gambit Fruit. Glaurung, Greko, Scidlet, Toga 1.2, Toga 1.34

shredder are playing only 50 Elo better as Pocketfritz 2...shredder iphone sees at least out better.
i think Shredder is playing not more as 2500 Elo.

Jörg
IA

Post by IA »

Hello Nahab, Pocket Shredder (Shredder 11) has +2650 Elos, not it what it forces has in the iPhohe but assurance that was courting +2600 Elos since this one based on the Shredder11, the Pocket Fritz 2 is the Shredder 7, I have proved the 2 and Pocket Shredder v1 has +150 Elos that Pocket Fritz 2.

Pocket Shredder v1 ( Shredder 11 ) +2650 Elo
Pocket Fritz 2 ( Shredder 7 ) +2500 Elo SSDF

Hiarcs will be the strongest program of chess in iPod and iPhone, Hiarcs is the best program in platforms handheld for many years and assurance that it will have +2700 Elos.

http://www.hiarcs.com/#handheld-perf

Regards.... :wink:
Ted Summers

Post by Ted Summers »

nahab wrote:Glaurung is not better, only stronger.

Jörg
That is what I stated above ...
"Good decisions come from experience, and experience come from bad decisions."
nahab

Post by nahab »

shredder has in the pocket World (Pocket and Palm tournament ) 2650 Elo, but when you play any games to other Computer or People then shredder has never 2650 Elo

Pocketfritz had never a elo from 2500 rather 2400 .

Stefan Meyer Kahlen has said to me that Shredder play (Shredder 11) only 50 Elo better as pocketfritz2 (Shredder 6/7)

is also all the same, elo of the offerer are estimated Elo.

All my mentioned Engines are playing stronger as Pocket Shredder although they have partly less estimated from the offerer.

You must also look with which for pocket (Mhz) became estimated/ determines

with some makes for overclocking take place but not for Pocket shredder.

My ratings are made also 400 Mhz cut through Pocket pc, your ratings are mate with 500- 700 Mhz but it is all the same, Shredder becomes always cut off more badly.

Jörg
Bouddha

Post by Bouddha »

What ever the ELO rating is, my point is that the Shredder iPhone version seems weaker than the PPC version. Is that true ?

About iPhone Hiarcs, will it be the 12.1 version of Hiarcs of the same version that recently played in a human tournament on a PPC ? Pocket Fritz 4 ?

regards
nahab

Post by nahab »

costs also only 8 Euros

we can make a game per e-mail, when shredder iphon loses very fast it play many more weakly.

regards
Tord Romstad

Post by Tord Romstad »

Ted Summers wrote:I've even read that Glaurung is stronger than Shredder when it comes to the Ipod. Would be interesting to play a match between the two Ipod versions of Glaurung and Shredder.
You can't compare them, or even play a fair match between them, because Shredder on the iPod does not support any type of time controls. If it did, I am fairly sure it would be much stronger than Glaurung.

Glaurung is simply too slow to play well on the ARM CPU. I estimate the strength of the Glaurung version on the App Store right now to be around 2000-2100 at blitz time controls. The current development version, which uses the development version of Stockfish as its internal chess engine, is probably somewhere between 50 and 100 Elo points stronger.

The above rating estimates are for the iPhone 3G and the 1st generation iPod Touch. The program is probably faster and stronger on the 2nd generation iPod Touch, and better still on the new iPhone 3GS.
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

Hiarcs is now available in the App Store - Enjoy!

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZSt ... =327708154
sangahm

Post by sangahm »

Is 9.99 an introductory price, or is that the normal price?
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

sangahm wrote:Is 9.99 an introductory price, or is that the normal price?
The normal price.
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

Harvey Williamson wrote:The 1st published game is here with a nice Hiarcs win http://www.sampletheweb.com/2009/08/29/ ... s-round-1/

Some quotes from the web. I have been busy Googling:

I fell in love with HIARCS on my Palm PDAs and I have been waiting patiently for the iPhone release. A couple of times I felt the urge to buy an iPhone chess program and I would sift through the reviews, but I always found myself comparing the available choices to HIARCS and they always came up short.

I am not saying anything bad about any of the other iPhone chess programs. I know they have their fans and I'm sure that most of them are fine products. It's just that I found HIARCS for the Palm to be such a superior product (which I paid WAY more than $9.99 for) that I found myself naturally comparing everything else to it.

HIARCS Chess has a long and rich history and I am so happy that it continues to be developed and improved and I'm so very happy it has finally arrived on the iPhone!

The most human chess engine of them all, nice to see to alive it on the iPhone!

Look at the engine's pedigree. If you're a good chess player this is a superb engine to play against. $10 is pretty good for something like this I think...

This is big-time. Hiarcs is the strongest mobile chess engine there is.