feature request for annotation explorer

Get your specific HIARCS/Junior support questions answered here as well as up-to-the-minute news!

Moderators: Watchman, Mark Uniacke, mrudolf

rome717

feature request for annotation explorer

Post by rome717 »

annotation explorer mockup
annotation explorer mockup
anotate feature request.png (163.63 KiB) Viewed 256 times
Thank you for taking the time to read my message. I'd like to suggest the inclusion of an annotation explorer to simplify the process of annotating games. Similar to what lichess offers, I understand that programming this might be challenging. However, the current method of right-clicking on a move and selecting the feature feels a bit tedious. Having an annotation explorer where users can easily click on a move to add comments would make the process more intuitive.

please see mockup

looking forward to hearing from you.
Yarc

Re: feature request for annotation explorer

Post by Yarc »

I think that is a nice feature especially if we need to add annotation to existing games in a database. I find the current system is good and convenient for adding comments as I play through a game. It also avoids unnecessarily using screen space, but I can see that the annotation explorer idea being more convenient in some situations.
"I'm not so sure you're on the right track now."..."Oh! I see what you mean."
mrudolf
HCE Developer

Post by mrudolf »

Yarc wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:16 am I think that is a nice feature especially if we need to add annotation to existing games in a database. I find the current system is good and convenient for adding comments as I play through a game. It also avoids unnecessarily using screen space, but I can see that the annotation explorer idea being more convenient in some situations.
Definitely the fastest way to add annotation is by using keyboard: press ! to add !, press + and then = to add += etc.
Yarc

Post by Yarc »

mrudolf wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:00 am Definitely the fastest way to add annotation is by using keyboard: press ! to add !, press + and then = to add += etc.
Yes, this is very convenient and why I like the current implementation. Is there a shortcut for adding comments? I've not seen one in the help.
mrudolf
HCE Developer

Post by mrudolf »

Yarc wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:10 pm Yes, this is very convenient and why I like the current implementation. Is there a shortcut for adding comments? I've not seen one in the help.
Ctrl/Cmd+M for the comment after the move
Ctrl/Cmd+Shift+M for the comment before the move
Yarc

Post by Yarc »

mrudolf wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:14 pm
Yarc wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:10 pm Yes, this is very convenient and why I like the current implementation. Is there a shortcut for adding comments? I've not seen one in the help.
Ctrl/Cmd+M for the comment after the move
Ctrl/Cmd+Shift+M for the comment before the move
Thanks, that is very useful!