Crash when starting engine match

Get your specific HIARCS/Junior support questions answered here as well as up-to-the-minute news!

Moderators: Watchman, Mark Uniacke, mrudolf

Mag

Crash when starting engine match

Post by Mag »

I noticed a bug in HCE Pro 1.3.2 on PC Windows. If I set the match between the engines in the image as below, the program will automatically shut down by itself. After restarting, an error window appears with the option to send it to the program authors.

Regards
Mag
mrudolf
HCE Developer

Re: Crash when starting engine match

Post by mrudolf »

I managed to replicate it. I will investigate.
Mag

Post by Mag »

mrudolf wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:10 am I managed to replicate it. I will investigate.
I understand and thank you. I will add that if I enter a number other than 1 in the Rounds window, the program works correctly.
mrudolf
HCE Developer

Post by mrudolf »

Mag wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:06 am I understand and thank you. I will add that if I enter a number other than 1 in the Rounds window, the program works correctly.
To be more precise, the error happened in the last game of "database position match" with colours switched and odd number of games.
A classic off-by-1 error, you were the first to set the number of games to odd with switch colours.

Thanks for the reporting, the fix will appear in the next version.
Mag

Post by Mag »

I hope you fix it soon and that the new version comes out soon. And not to have to wait another long months.
mrudolf
HCE Developer

Post by mrudolf »

Mag wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:13 pm I hope you fix it soon and that the new version comes out soon. And not to have to wait another long months.
Yes, there will be a bugfix release.
Foobarred1

Post by Foobarred1 »

I posted this incorrectly under the HIARCs 15.3 thread. Here seems to be more appropriate. I’m not doing an engine match, but i’m getting something similar when playing a 2-player game on an e-board and it might be related:

Just downloaded the latest version of HIARCS onto my MS Go tablet. I’m using HIARCs in analysis mode with a Millennium Tourney 55 via a USB cable.

Basically it was used during gameplay between two players at my chess club to “broadcast” the game.

It worked except it crashed intermittently closing HIARCs and of course losing the game. Don’t know if it’s because it’s on a tablet or if it’s because of the eboard.

Not sure if anybody else has experienced this.