How to merge 2 databases?

Get your specific HIARCS/Junior support questions answered here as well as up-to-the-minute news!

Moderators: Watchman, Mark Uniacke, mrudolf

gads

How to merge 2 databases?

Post by gads »

If I have Database A and Database B, how do I have them all in 1 Database (i.e. all Database A games moved to Database B or all Database B games moved to Database A)?
JimGoshorn

Re: How to merge 2 databases?

Post by JimGoshorn »

Go to one of them, choose Database>Select All Games, then choose Edit>Copy Selected Games. There should be an alert as to how many were copied. Now go to the other database and select Edit>Paste Selected Games and you should see the progress displayed and the database will now contain all the games.
mrudolf
HCE Developer

Re: How to merge 2 databases?

Post by mrudolf »

JimGoshorn wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 2:06 pm Go to one of them, choose Database>Select All Games, then choose Edit>Copy Selected Games. There should be an alert as to how many were copied. Now go to the other database and select Edit>Paste Selected Games and you should see the progress displayed and the database will now contain all the games.
This is one valid approach. Or you can open the target database and use File->Import to import one or more databases into the target database.