videos Hiarcs Chess Explorer Pro for Mac

Get your specific HIARCS/Junior support questions answered here as well as up-to-the-minute news!

Moderators: Watchman, Mark Uniacke, mrudolf

Sannr

videos Hiarcs Chess Explorer Pro for Mac

Post by Sannr »

Are there any videos anywhere showing Hiarcs Chess Explorer Pro for Mac? Or a demo version? I am interested, but can’t find much info.

Perhaps anyone made a Youtube video or can do a Youtube demonstration? Would be great! Especially if it would also include the Mac connect to a Millenium eOne board and showing how to import the Chessbase Mega Database for viewing percentages of likelyhood someone will make a certain move :)
Mark Uniacke
Hiarcs Author

Re: videos Hiarcs Chess Explorer Pro for Mac

Post by Mark Uniacke »

I will begin uploading the how to and help videos later this month. I will post here when they are available.
Best wishes,
Mark

https://www.hiarcs.com
Sannr

Post by Sannr »

Fantastic! Thanks! Please include the Millennium boards and how to use the chessbase big/mega databasee (or other important database resources) too :)

For example it would be great to have a video showing how to practice endgames on the Millennium board (setting up an exercise and train it).

And with the database resources how to quickly view which lines are most commonly played and which are overlooked (for example in the gambit line 1. e4 e5 2. Nf3 Nc6 3. d4 exd4 4. Ng5 h6 5. Nxf7 Kxf7 6. Bc4+ the most common move is 6. ... Ke8 (59% according to Lichess) which is mate in 6. Might be a nice short example to put in your video.

If I decide to purchase I will also make some videos about it for my Youtube channel, looking forward to see some more so I can decide!

Could you also do something with a trial version (so many days trial or so many minutes until it resets or something)? Currently it is very unclear what the software offers (but I suspect it is really, really good). The videos will be a huge help but a demo would convince a lot of people too I think.
e4-homie

Post by e4-homie »

Also looking forward to videos. Thanks for making them!
Sannr

Post by Sannr »

How are the videos coming along? If you need help editing them, just let me know.
HiarcsApple

Post by HiarcsApple »

Sannr wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:56 pm How are the videos coming along? If you need help editing them, just let me know.
8K videos would be great.
e4-homie

Post by e4-homie »

I also would like to know about the videos. At my chess club, the topic of chess software for Apple came up and it would be helpful if some demo videos were available on YouTube showing the marvelous things that HIARCS can do on Apple Silicon.
herO

Post by herO »

HiarcsApple wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 12:36 am
Sannr wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:56 pm How are the videos coming along? If you need help editing them, just let me know.
8K videos would be great.
Why do you need an 8K resolution video? Most content isn't even native to 4K, and you're already thinking about 4K videos? If I remember correctly, Mark doesn't even have a monitor that supports such a resolution for recording...
e4-homie

Post by e4-homie »

Nobody needs 4k, let alone 8k, chess software demos.
herO

Post by herO »

e4-homie wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:25 am Nobody needs 4k, let alone 8k, chess software demos.
You are talking total nonsense. No 8K videos will surely be delivered. I doubt that videos will be made in 4K either because previously they were not recorded in this quality either. In my opinion, videos will be delivered again in Full HD quality, as it was before. And if we are lucky, maybe they will release them in 4K, but that's only a possibility. PS: Mark and the reviewer who will comment on the videos don't have access to 8K monitor, so logically, videos cannot be recorded in 8K resolution. Not to mention that the vast majority of users do not even utilize 8K resolution.
SchuBi

Post by SchuBi »

Mark Uniacke wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:27 am I will begin uploading the how to and help videos later this month. I will post here when they are available.
It’s Ferbruary 2024
- no light at the horizon :|
Wenn Null besonders groß ist, ist es beinahe so groß wie ein bißchen Eins.
Mark Uniacke
Hiarcs Author

Post by Mark Uniacke »

Sorry I have simply have not had time to work on them, now HCE Pro v1.3 is out I hope to work on some in March.
Best wishes,
Mark

https://www.hiarcs.com
SchuBi

Post by SchuBi »

Hello, Mark!
That sounds great.
Wenn Null besonders groß ist, ist es beinahe so groß wie ein bißchen Eins.