Engine style

Get your specific HIARCS/Junior support questions answered here as well as up-to-the-minute news!

Moderators: Watchman, Mark Uniacke, mrudolf

Horatio

Engine style

Post by Horatio »

With the latest version (1.2.1) of HCE Pro (Windows), I noticed that when I play a game against H15.2 set up with a specific style (e.g. solid) and then play another game, the style has reverted to default (active), so I need to select solid again. Has someone else noticed this? Not sure if this is how it should work or if it's a bug.
Mark Uniacke
Hiarcs Author

Re: Engine style

Post by Mark Uniacke »

Thanks for pointing this out.

With all HCE Pro versions if you want to change the default engine options and make them the new default you should change them in Prefs->Engines: Click on the engine and select Configure...

For Play game set up you can configure an engine instance before it runs, that config only lasts for that game (I notice the dialog incorrectly says global config in the title, we will resolve this in the next update)

Within a database tab you can configure an engine instance loaded from the Analysis Explorer - that configuration only lasts while the engine is running in that tab.
Best wishes,
Mark

https://www.hiarcs.com
Horatio

Re: Engine style

Post by Horatio »

Hi Mark,

Thanks for confirming.