Feature Request: Re: Email game function

Get your specific HIARCS/Junior support questions answered here as well as up-to-the-minute news!

Moderators: Watchman, Mark Uniacke, mrudolf

DimEyeChessGuy

Feature Request: Re: Email game function

Post by DimEyeChessGuy »

I would like the ability to check a box somewhere that would let me send a game pgn WITHOUT my notes and analysis..

There are times I want my notes and analysis attached... but often, I want to send the pgn without all of my work included.
DECG (Tom)
Bxh7

Re: Feature Request: Re: Email game function

Post by Bxh7 »

Even more useful would be a more general function to unannotate any database, not only the e-mailed ones.
Chessbase has "Unannotate DB", which removes all comments and variations from all games in one go.
One other use that comes to mind is the ability to clean up files with games from engine tournaments. These often have 4-6 text lines of verbose engine output added in comments for every ply, which makes for poor readability.
mrudolf
HCE Developer

Post by mrudolf »

Would this remove all the annotations from the database? I am afraid this may be quite dangerous.
Is it enough if this can be done for PGN export?
DimEyeChessGuy

Post by DimEyeChessGuy »

mrudolf wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 9:52 am Would this remove all the annotations from the database? I am afraid this may be quite dangerous.
Is it enough if this can be done for PGN export?
No I absolutely don’t want it to remove the annotations from the db. I only want the OPTION to include or not include it on the pgn export.

Use case… sending completed game reports via email for finished Correspondence games. They don’t need all my notes and analysis but I surely don’t want to lose all that work from my database.
DECG (Tom)
mrudolf
HCE Developer

Post by mrudolf »

DimEyeChessGuy wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 2:40 pm No I absolutely don’t want it to remove the annotations from the db. I only want the OPTION to include or not include it on the pgn export.

Use case… sending completed game reports via email for finished Correspondence games. They don’t need all my notes and analysis but I surely don’t want to lose all that work from my database.
Then it would be safer to do it on export. I will add it to our TODO list.
DimEyeChessGuy

Post by DimEyeChessGuy »

mrudolf wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 3:31 pm

Then it would be safer to do it on export. I will add it to our TODO list.
Thank you!!
DECG (Tom)