Replaying a game on e-board

Get your specific HIARCS/Junior support questions answered here as well as up-to-the-minute news!

Moderators: Watchman, Mark Uniacke, mrudolf

Yarc

Replaying a game on e-board

Post by Yarc »

I like the e-board support but one option I would really like is when replaying a game have Chess Explorer Pro indicate the next move automatically without me having to press a key on my laptop/desktop. I realize there is auto play, but unless I make the move on the physical board within the delay period, HCE Pro will just keep highlighting the next move one after the other and I have a load of flashing LEDs. I know I can add extra delay between the auto play moves, but it would be very nice if HCE Pro waited until I made the move on the physical board before highlighting the next move in the game. Sometimes I may want to get to the next move quickly and sometimes I may want to think about the current position much longer.

Maybe have a checkbox within a section of e-board replay options called something like 'Wait for move entry' ?

Thanks.
Ray
"I'm not so sure you're on the right track now."..."Oh! I see what you mean."
Mark Uniacke
Hiarcs Author

Re: Replaying a game on e-board

Post by Mark Uniacke »

Thanks for the suggestion, it is a good idea and something I want to address for a future update.
Best wishes,
Mark

https://www.hiarcs.com
Mark Uniacke
Hiarcs Author

Post by Mark Uniacke »

Syncronised replay on the eBoard is now implemented and should be in the next release.
Best wishes,
Mark

https://www.hiarcs.com
Yarc

Post by Yarc »

Great, thanks for implementing that useful feature.
"I'm not so sure you're on the right track now."..."Oh! I see what you mean."
mw.865747

Post by mw.865747 »

First of all: I like that feature!

Just curios, if it could be tweaked. Currently the board flashes with LED all the time when you decide to play slower through a game.
Would it be possible, to reduce the flashing of the LEDs? Not sure, if that's possible or if it's an internal function of the board.

Something like "flash 3 times and then stop" or "only flash every 10sec". That would reduce the distraction