Deep Hiarcs 15.2 - problem

Get your specific HIARCS/Junior support questions answered here as well as up-to-the-minute news!

Moderators: Watchman, Mark Uniacke, mrudolf

herO

Re: Deep Hiarcs 15.2 - problem

Post by herO »

Mag wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 6:39 pm
herO wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 6:21 pm
Mag wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 6:02 pm

Unfortunately, you don't know if I'm drawing the wrong conclusions. I think not. I will continue to pursue this topic until I find out who is to blame. Here is information for Mark - if you set 16 threads, the program will show these 16 threads correctly. The problem arises with 32 threads.
I don't see any reason why Mark should support some no-name software called CuteChess, which is only used among chess engine enthusiasts who do nothing but play chess tournaments where one chess engine plays against another chess engine. CuteChess is only used by enthusiasts from the talkchess forum. CuteChess is certainly not and never has been a popular and widely used program.

On the other hand software like ChessBase, Shredder, Fritz, Aquarium, Arena are far more used software and everything works fine there. For me it's OK. In my opinion, the fault is clearly on the side of the CuteChess software, which incorrectly implements the Threads parameter.

Previously, some programs had problems using the Hiarcs chess engine. And where was the problem? Certainly not with Mark! The problem was that often the free software didn't properly implement how to handle the chess engine, which requires registration! And usually chess software like CuteChess, which fixed this bug in early 2022, have problems with this.

Mark is not the developer of CuteChess. His chess engine works in Hiarcs Chess Explorer and all other very popular software. I don't see any reason to bother with CuteChess software, which is used by a couple of dozen people at most, and to waste Mark's precious time only to find out in the end that there is a problem between the chair and the keyboard by a CuteChess developer.
You write stupid and strange things. I'll remind you that a TCEC tournament is being run with the CuteChess app. It's not some kind of program there since this tournament is being run. It should be remembered that every programmer should test the program in various applications, not only commercial ones.
You are very, very wrong. Developers and companies focus mainly on the number of users who will use the software. What is the point of supporting CuteChess if no normal chess player uses it? This is really only used by chess enthusiasts who test chess engines. That's all. A normal chess player will use Hiarcs Chess Explorer, or ChessBase.
Mag

Post by Mag »

herO wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 6:45 pm You are very, very wrong. Developers and companies focus mainly on the number of users who will use the software. What is the point of supporting CuteChess if no normal chess player uses it? This is really only used by chess enthusiasts who test chess engines. That's all. A normal chess player will use Hiarcs Chess Explorer, or ChessBase.
Such nonsense you write that it does not fit in your head. This application is used by chess engine programmers and testers. Keep that in mind because I see you forgot.
herO

Post by herO »

Mag wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 6:52 pm
herO wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 6:45 pm You are very, very wrong. Developers and companies focus mainly on the number of users who will use the software. What is the point of supporting CuteChess if no normal chess player uses it? This is really only used by chess enthusiasts who test chess engines. That's all. A normal chess player will use Hiarcs Chess Explorer, or ChessBase.
Such nonsense you write that it does not fit in your head. This application is used by chess engine programmers and testers. Keep that in mind because I see you forgot.
Well, you see, you're coming out of it like a fuzzy blanket!
This application is used by chess engine programmers and testers.
That's what I've been talking about all along! No chess user USES the CuteChess software. Do you understand that? Chess players (from beginners to professionals) are not interested in this software at all.This is for a very small group of people like chess engine testers and programmers.

How many such programmers and testers are there? How many chess users are using other software comparing chess engine testers and programmers? There are millions of ordinary chess users. There are several dozen chess programmers, which is an extremely small number. Even if it were hundreds of programmers, that's still EXTREMELY small. Chess testers are also very few, even if it were a few thousand users (and I highly doubt it), that's still an extremely small number. That's not worthwhile at all. I really recommend contacting the developers of CuteChess. I'm amazed that you haven't written to them already, if you're promoting this software and highlighting its features so much.