Deep Hiarcs 15.2

Get your specific HIARCS/Junior support questions answered here as well as up-to-the-minute news!

Moderators: Watchman, Mark Uniacke, mrudolf

herO

Deep Hiarcs 15.2

Post by herO »

The new version of the chess engine is still much more powerful at lower difficulty levels. I've already played a few hundred games and the new version beats Deep Hiarcs 15.0 by 2:1 or even 3:1.
Mag

Re: Deep Hiarcs 15.2

Post by Mag »

Questions for Mark. What book is best for the engine Deep Hiarc 15.2 and are you able to make the engine handle 64 threads instead of 32 as currently. Because it's a bit small.
herO

Post by herO »

Mag wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 2:05 pm Questions for Mark. What book is best for the engine Deep Hiarc 15.2 and are you able to make the engine handle 64 threads instead of 32 as currently. Because it's a bit small.
I agree with that. In this day and age of powerful hardware and readily available AMD Threadripper processors, there really is a need for Hiarcs to support 64 cores. Hiarcs chess engine received a big upgrade regarding performance if more than 16 processor cores are used.

The best chess book is to use the official Hiarcs Tournament, and the chess engine must be set to use the book mode set to Tournament.
Tuxpower

Post by Tuxpower »

I think it also need to have nnue:nnue engines are so strong.

I have 32 threads 64 Gb ram I lose all my games with HIARCS 15.2 on playchess , with the new hiracs book :cry: :cry: