Version 1.2

Get your specific HIARCS/Junior support questions answered here as well as up-to-the-minute news!

Moderators: Watchman, Mark Uniacke, mrudolf

Frank Rahde

Re: Version 1.2

Post by Frank Rahde »

The setup of electronic board (see Advanced tab of Settings) is still not mentioned in the manual...
BHGP

Post by BHGP »

I cannot comprehend the en passant issue on eOne, Exclusive, and Supreme (55) with Windows 11. Three potential solutions: recalibrate or reset eOne, test the connection with the Chesslink app from Millennium, and then try again with HCE . The last option: reinstall HCE.
Mag

Post by Mag »

sorry I will ask when will version 1.2.1 be available.
xyzzy01

Post by xyzzy01 »

Mark Uniacke wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 12:25 pm Apologies, the abundance of exclamation marks is my stuff up, we will release a 1.2.1 next week with the fix.
Any update on when this is available?

Also, will it require re-analyzing games, or is it just a display error? Right now, I'm holding off on analyzing anything due to this error...
Alexander

Post by Alexander »

Is anyone else finding a problem with the 'Search position' function in 1.2 when searching a database?

I've been trying Database - Find position then in the pop-up clicking Select position / Current game. Then the current game and the current position does not mirror itself onto the pop-up which is shown.

Equally I've tried the Tree explorer then Browser tree icon and again the program does not recognise the current position.

It's very frustrating. Do I need to reload the whole database again? It is a big database of over 9 million games (from the ChessBase Big/Mega database).

Thanks,
Alex.
TimC

Post by TimC »

xyzzy01 wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 4:16 pm
Mark Uniacke wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 12:25 pm Apologies, the abundance of exclamation marks is my stuff up, we will release a 1.2.1 next week with the fix.
Any update on when this is available?

Also, will it require re-analyzing games, or is it just a display error? Right now, I'm holding off on analyzing anything due to this error...
I would also love an update on the update :) . I've got a growing list of games that need to be looked at and cannot because of this problem.
Alexander

Post by Alexander »

I've looked at the issue further with 1.2 and Database-Find Position- Select position =Current game not functioning correctly. It works correctly only the first time when you open up the program for the 1st time. After the first time, the position is set to the position that you first select and shown in the board. So in other works repeat attempts to search for a different position don't work - by going Database-Find Position-Select position. The only work around I can find is to close the program and reopen it again, I guess this clear some sort of cache? Hopefully someone can now recreate this issue as it's annoying not being able to search the database beyond one position and having to restart the app constantly. This is on macos Ventura 13.4.

If you select 'Play'-'From current position' then the program seems to work properly and updates the board appropriately - so it seems the Database function is separate from the 'Play' function.

Thanks in advance for any solutions.

Alex.
TimC

Post by TimC »

Alexander wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 3:23 pm I've looked at the issue further with 1.2 and Database-Find Position- Select position =Current game not functioning correctly. It works correctly only the first time when you open up the program for the 1st time. After the first time, the position is set to the position that you first select and shown in the board. So in other works repeat attempts to search for a different position don't work - by going Database-Find Position-Select position. The only work around I can find is to close the program and reopen it again, I guess this clear some sort of cache? Hopefully someone can now recreate this issue as it's annoying not being able to search the database beyond one position and having to restart the app constantly. This is on macos Ventura 13.4.

If you select 'Play'-'From current position' then the program seems to work properly and updates the board appropriately - so it seems the Database function is separate from the 'Play' function.

Thanks in advance for any solutions.

Alex.
I concur. This is also happening to me on Windows 10. I have to shut HCE down and then restart the program.
Tim
EST

Post by EST »

Is there already a manual for the HCE Pro 1.2? I'm particularly interested in the features associated with the Millennium Board ST55. For example, how do I change the playing direction of the pieces in an endgame position without rotating the board? Or how do I determine whose turn it is in any given position? Thanks Frederick
Mark Uniacke
Hiarcs Author

Post by Mark Uniacke »

v1.2.1 is now available and it resolves the current position (after previous search) issue in the Find position dialog.

On Millennium boards with piece detection you can change the playing direction as explained in the FAQ here: https://www.hiarcs.com/mac-chess-explor ... tml#FAQMRB

The manual has not been updated for v1.2 yet, I plan to do it later this month and then finally get onto the videos in September.
Best wishes,
Mark

https://www.hiarcs.com
EST

Post by EST »

Hi Mark, thanks for the support. Frederick
Alexander

Post by Alexander »

Thanks very much for fixing the bugs so promptly - it's working really well now.

The new 1.2.1 version has some great new features - especially as it means I can pretty much play any of my chess engines on my millenium e-board too now. Previously I had been using HIARCS on my iphone which does work incredibly well with the millenium e-board (pairs instantly, works out automatically which way I've set up the board, etc) - but it's really great to now be able to make use HIARCS on my mac with the e-board and all of the analysis features and ability to play other engines I can download. :D
Mag

Post by Mag »

Mark Uniacke wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 3:22 pm v1.2.1 is now available and it resolves the current position (after previous search) issue in the Find position dialog.

On Millennium boards with piece detection you can change the playing direction as explained in the FAQ here: https://www.hiarcs.com/mac-chess-explor ... tml#FAQMRB

The manual has not been updated for v1.2 yet, I plan to do it later this month and then finally get onto the videos in September.
It's a pity that they forgot about other people who use a DGT board but other than the millennium.
EST

Post by EST »

Hi, is it possible to set / reduce the search depth of the engine in version 1.2? As far as I know, this hasn't been possible before. Thanks! Frederick
Mark Uniacke
Hiarcs Author

Post by Mark Uniacke »

Tibono2 wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 6:22 am
Tibono2 wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 6:22 pm Hi,
will a Windows 7 64bits installer be provided?
Best,
Tibono
Just poping my question... thanks
Not forgotten...

HCE Pro v1.2.1 is now available for Windows 7 customers:
https://www.hiarcs.com/pc-chess-explore ... nload.html

Please note it is getting harder to support Windows 7 so we are approaching the point where we may need to drop support for it at a future update.
Best wishes,
Mark

https://www.hiarcs.com