Opening Book subscription

Get your specific HIARCS/Junior support questions answered here as well as up-to-the-minute news!

Moderators: Watchman, Mark Uniacke, mrudolf

olfreddy

Opening Book subscription

Post by olfreddy »

Hello,

I bought the Chess Opening Book subscription and now I notice on the Mac that the local file is not used. According to the display of the moves, the last entries are from 2018. As recommended, I have unzipped the file (Hiarcs14zlBook in HCS format) in Documents/HIARCS Chess/Books. What am I doing wrong?
herO

Re: Opening Book subscription

Post by herO »

olfreddy wrote:Hello,

I bought the Chess Opening Book subscription and now I notice on the Mac that the local file is not used. According to the display of the moves, the last entries are from 2018. As recommended, I have unzipped the file (Hiarcs14zlBook in HCS format) in Documents/HIARCS Chess/Books. What am I doing wrong?
Hello,
all HCS books contain only moves. There are no statistics at all. Local statistics are stored in H14aHumanBook.hbs file.If you don't believe me, find H14aHumanBook.hbs file and delete it. Then start HCE again and you will not see any statistics in local opening book but Hiarcs engine will be able to play moves from its opening book (HCS book).

If you want to see Hiarcs Tournament Book statistics you have to change book source from "Local opening book" to "Online book: Tournament".

You can also verify that Hiarcs use the latest HCS file when you select Hiarcs / Deep Hiarcs engine and click on "Configure current engine" button. Then have a look at "Book positions" and "Book status".
You will see something like this:
Book positions: 28039830
Book status: Hiarcs14zBook.hcs OK

You can find more information here:
https://www.hiarcs.com/chess-opening-book.htm
olfreddy

Post by olfreddy »

ok, thank you
gads

Post by gads »

herO wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 3:27 am

Hello,
all HCS books contain only moves. There are no statistics at all. Local statistics are stored in H14aHumanBook.hbs file.If you don't believe me, find H14aHumanBook.hbs file and delete it. Then start HCE again and you will not see any statistics in local opening book but Hiarcs engine will be able to play moves from its opening book (HCS book).

If you want to see Hiarcs Tournament Book statistics you have to change book source from "Local opening book" to "Online book: Tournament".

You can also verify that Hiarcs use the latest HCS file when you select Hiarcs / Deep Hiarcs engine and click on "Configure current engine" button. Then have a look at "Book positions" and "Book status".

Where is H14HumanBook.hbs located on PC version? I cannot find it.
gads

Post by gads »

Found it under Data > Helper. It is now called HCEPro-LocalBook.hbs
gads

Post by gads »

herO wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 3:27 am

Hello,

How do you delete it? After deleting, I can't launch HCE Pro because it says no local book is detected.