2ND CHESS FRIENDS OF THE WORLD DCCC -9/9/2017

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
Steve B
Site Admin

Post by Steve B »

paulwise3 wrote:Steve,

This would be a good time to get your revanche!?
Perhaps Paul
the one glimmer of hope I have is that the Engine in the Premiere will be Lang's Vancouver engine..and not the Spracklen engine..so I justify this to myself by rationalizing that.. in a way.. it is not a 100% Fidelity
still..its in the same Housing as the Mobile Master and it will be hard for me to look at the computer without being reminded of the traumatic events of 2009

ill tell you this....
if the Premiere does not at least score 50%(2.5-2.5) in this event.. I will have had enough..and it goes directly from the Tournament hall to...

Ebay Regards
Steve
Last edited by Steve B on Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Scally

Post by Scally »

Hi Guys,

As much as I'd love to participate in this tournament, I'm away from the 4th to the 23rd of November on a Transatlantic Cruise so can't make the date(s) suggested here,

Sorry,

Al
Steve B
Site Admin

Post by Steve B »

Scally wrote:Hi Guys,

As much as I'd love to participate in this tournament, I'm away from the 4th to the 23rd of November on a Transatlantic Cruise so can't make the date(s) suggested here,

Sorry,

Al
Hi Al
the dates proposed are in August
you will be away from August 4th to November 23rd?
:shock:
Wow
Thats Some Cruise Regards
Steve
Scally

Post by Scally »

Hi Steve,

I'm in Skjolden in Norway with a low signal, I must have read an old post as I thought I saw 7th & 8th of November somewhere?

I'm available in August, looks as tho mine will be the Milano Pro if it's under 2200 as I don't have anything in the 2165-2200 range

Back in the tournament 😃

Al
Steve B
Site Admin

Post by Steve B »

Scally wrote:Hi Steve,

I'm in Skjolden in Norway with a low signal, I must have read an old post as I thought I saw 7th & 8th of November somewhere?

I'm available in August, looks as tho mine will be the Milano Pro if it's under 2200 as I don't have anything in the 2165-2200 range

Back in the tournament 😃

Al
Good
Welcome Back Regards
Steve
paulwise3

Post by paulwise3 »

spacious_mind wrote:
paulwise3 wrote:Steve,

This would be a good time to get your revanche!?
The only good competitor U2200 I have is the Master Chess. So I would like to play with that one. Or else the Brute Force.
U2100 I have more choice...

Waiting for others to vote or choose regards,
Paul
Hi Paul,

I think Ricardo only possesses the Master which he played with in the U2300 tournament in 2015. So if you don't mind I would reserve the Master for him so he can play in the tournament.

The Brute Force is a great choice too, it has been a long time since someone entered it. Pity that Sparc just missed the cut off. Or maybe your Dutch friends Hein etc.. have something special that they could loan you for this weekend :)

Best regards
Hi Nick,

It seems there are more Master Chess candidates (Milano Pro is a clone)...
But ok, since Steve is gonna win this tournament anyway :-D I will serve as the underdog then with my Brute Force.

Best regards, Paul
2024 Special thread: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12741
2024 Special results and standings: https://schaakcomputers.nl/paul_w/Tourn ... 25_06.html
If I am mistaken, it must be caused by a horizon effect...
kgvetter

Post by kgvetter »

Hi,

I would like to participate, but will be in the swiss mountains from August 1. till 14th without Internet access. Any date after August 14 is possible.

It is difficult for me to chose a machine, in the proposed range I have only a Senator and a Milano pro, but it would make a nice opportunity to aquire a machine fitting the range...

Gerhard
Steve B
Site Admin

Post by Steve B »

paulwise3 wrote:
Steve is gonna win this tournament anyway :-D I will serve as the underdog then with my Brute Force.

Best regards, Paul
If you take a closer look at the Wiki list...
the Premiere has only 34 games played for that rating of 2190
a smaller number of games played than almost every other computer near its rating and one of the smallest number of games played on the entire list..this results in a possible swing in rating of +/- 106 Pts

I could be operating a computer really rated less then 2100

I might have just ...

Shot Myself In The Foot Regards
Steve
blaubaer

Post by blaubaer »

Hi,
Steve B wrote: for me..these August dates are good...all are Saturdays
8/5
8/12
8/19
out of these, 8/5 is the only possible date for me - I would take the Mephisto Berlin 68000!

Regards Michael
paulwise3

Post by paulwise3 »

Steve B wrote:
paulwise3 wrote:
Steve is gonna win this tournament anyway :-D I will serve as the underdog then with my Brute Force.

Best regards, Paul
a smaller number of games played than almost every other computer near its rating and one of the smallest number of games played on the entire list..this results in a possible swing in rating of +/- 106 Pts

I might have just ...

Steve
On a second look you will see a Vancouver 68020 12MHz with 2218 elo, and a Vancouver 68000 12MHz with 2179 elo. Your Premiere has a Vancouver 68000 16 MHz, and the Vancouver is considered Lang's best program, so what risc do you have, apart from

Being beaten up by my Brute Force regards,
Paul
2024 Special results and standings: https://schaakcomputers.nl/paul_w/Tourn ... 25_06.html
spacious_mind

Post by spacious_mind »

paulwise3 wrote:
Steve B wrote:
paulwise3 wrote:

Best regards, Paul

I might have just ...

Steve
On a second look you will see a Vancouver 68020 12MHz with 2218 elo, and a Vancouver 68000 12MHz with 2179 elo. Your Premiere has a Vancouver 68000 16 MHz, and the Vancouver is considered Lang's best program, so what risc do you have, apart from

Being beaten up by my Brute Force regards,
Paul
It's not so bad Paul :) If I play with the Designer Mach IV that is only rated 11 points higher than you :)

Besides yours is a Morsch and my suspicion is that Morsch will do pretty well at 30 Minute game.

PS... Ricardo will argue till he is blue in the face that Master is different to Milano Pro :)

Best regards
Nick
spacious_mind

Post by spacious_mind »

Ok we need more dates.

How about July 29?
Nick
Dave C

Limited Availability?

Post by Dave C »

for me..these dates are good...all are Saturdays
7/29
8/5
8/12

Dave
paulwise3

Post by paulwise3 »

spacious_mind wrote:Ok we need more dates.

How about July 29?
So far all dates you suggested suit me.
But I cannot give 100% assurance, as sometimes our holiday plans change lastminute...

Paul
steffen

Post by steffen »

For me all dates are fine, too.