Saitek RISC 2500 mysteries

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
Scrooge_Mcdude

Post by Scrooge_Mcdude »

Steve B wrote:The Wiki clearly shows the Risc 2500 Stronger then the Berlin 68k across all time controls ..including 30 sec per move (Active rating)

http://www.schach-computer.info/wiki/in ... -Elo-Liste

my guess is you need to play more games for the results to turn around

Risc 2500 > Berlin 68k Regards
Steve
Thanks, Steve. I will do just that.

When I got the Risc a couple of weeks ago and played it against the Berlin 68000, the Risc won right away. Of course I was glad because that's what I expected. The following day I matched them again. The score was 2 to 1 for the Risc. Then the next day the Berlin won 2 to 1. On the third day the Risc 2 to 1. On the fourth day, it was 1 win and a draw each. Next was 3 to nothing for the Risc. Then the following days, I could only do 1 game each time and it was the Berlin winning all. Last night I could only do 2 games, and the Berlin won both. I was hoping for a massacre by the Risc, but it wasn't. It only proves that the Berlin is no pushover. I'll match them again with more games to get a more conclusive result.

Thanks again.

Risc2500 Regards,
Clarion