hiarcs resolution on iPad 3 ?

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
bazder

hiarcs resolution on iPad 3 ?

Post by bazder »

Hi,

I'm going to buy an iPad 3 when it's released and wonder if Hiarcs graphics will automatically scale up to take advantage of the anticipated increase in screen resolution of iPad 3 vs. iPad 2 ? Apparently many iPad apps can do this, but I'm not sure about that...

OR ... will a new version of iPad 3 need to be written to fully utilize the better iPad 3 graphics ?

does anyone know ?

thanks
Mythbuster

Post by Mythbuster »

Nobody really knows which resolution the next screen will have ... so I think any discussion about this is just pure speculation ... :roll:
bazder

Post by bazder »

Mythbuster wrote:Nobody really knows which resolution the next screen will have ... so I think any discussion about this is just pure speculation ... :roll:
Whether existing graphics will automatically scale up to utilize improved graphics isn't necessarily dependent on exactly which resolution the next screen will have but on how the iPad and app are written.

From Apple Developer
[...]In order to support earlier models of iPhone, resolution independence in iOS SDK lets your apps run on different screen resolutions. A few changes to your application icons, graphics and code and you can be sure your app will look great for each user regardless of their iOS device, and it will look its best on iPhone 4.
It's the resolution independence of iOS that prompts my question.