Diary

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
Hans van der Zijden
Editor Computerschaak

Diary

Post by Hans van der Zijden »

Tuesday november 24
I got up just before round 1 and decide to watch my opponents. To my big surprise I see Hiarcs playing against Jonnny. I thought we had a bye. A phonecall to Harvey explained it. After I left the TD paired again for whatever reason. Now we have the bye in round 3. "I can do the second round as well", Harvey suggested. "But then I will come to Tilburg for just one round", I stammered. "That's right, better take the day off then".

Hiarcs had some trouble getting used to Harvey operating and disappointingly can not beat Jonny without its massive 800-cores. But the next 2 games it recognizes the usual operator and wins the games against Junior and Pandix. I planned to spend the evening watching tv and falling asleep a lot, but my brother asks me to come play a game of chess. He had a late cancellation and now our team was 1 man short. I surprise myself by winning.

Harvey will still be around the first game of tomorrow, so if I need some more rest.... I will see how I feel in the morning.
Never do something today, that someone else can do tomorrow. (Confusedius)