Plans for Pocket Fritz?

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
NaughtyKnight

Plans for Pocket Fritz?

Post by NaughtyKnight »

With the demise of Windows 6.5, does anyone know what the plan is for the next version of Pocket Fritz?

It's a great program, but as I'm due to change my mobile phone I can't get another WinMo 6.5 phone. I don't want to lose the facilities PF4 offers, in particular, DVD access and native use of Chessbase files.

If Stanislav Tsukrov is out there, it would be nice to know! Could it be heading to an android platform?

Thanks.
Cubeman

Post by Cubeman »

I am also interested in a new version of PocketFritz.I am currently holding off buying a new cell phone and making do with my Acer NeoTouch, but with all the new cell phones coming out sporting dual cores and larger capacitive screens then I am wondering what possibilities there are for a PocketFritz5 on the latest Android or iPhones, heck even if PF5 came out on WM7 I would get the best WM7 phone I could find.I thought ChessBase were going to take advantage of the iOS devices when they released their CB online, but see that it is the only offer at the moment.