Pewatronic Master Chess Computer

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
Steve B
Site Admin

Post by Steve B »

Chessmaster Ireland wrote:Talking of Conchess
When I produced my computer chess magazine all those years ago, the owner of Conchess rang me up one night complaining about the ratings I was publishing from the Swedish magazine 'Ply'.
At that time the Swedish ratings where the only independent ones available and where a valuable source of information to us who had chess computers.
The Conchess MD threatened me that should I ever publish anything that might hinder the sales of his chess computers, he would come down on me like a 'like a ton of bricks'. Then the cheeky bugger sent me an advert to include in the next issue of my mag a few days later!!
Who You Looking At Regards
Bryan
Nice fellow he was
you should have replied
look...20 years from now your wooden Monarch and Ambassador auto-sensory boards will have the dubious honor of being the Worst in the Business ..with reed switch failures as common as flies buzzing around..

Censored Regards
Steve