Designer 2265 in lovely condition

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
Reinfeld

Designer 2265 in lovely condition

Post by Reinfeld »

Chess computer friends,

By a stroke of luck, I've recently acquired a second Designer 2265, and I'm thinking of unloading it.

Those of you who follow these threads might recall that I picked up one of these about two months ago, though it's not the one I'm talking about now. The link (in the ebay oddities thread) is here:

http://www.hiarcs.net/forums/viewtopic. ... &start=585

My first acquisition (I paid 282 USD) had a tattered box, worn by moisture, though the board and pieces were in excellent shape. I'm keeping that one. As I've said before, I'm more interested in playing these things than preserving them in display cases.

The more recent purchase is a different story. This one came in a box (not the briefcase.) The box is in excellent shape, with minimal shelf wear. The pieces are in original unopened bags (black and white), never used. The board is ultra clean, works perfectly, no marks or scuffs, preserved in its (previously opened) bag. The USCF certificate and manual are also enclosed, and again, in excellent shape.

I hate to sound like a salesman, but I'd be interested in offers. I'd be inclined to stick this one on ebay, but it seems appropriate to give you all the first crack before I go that route. If you need pictures for verification purposes, I can e-mail them separately (the difficulties of posting images here are a pain.)

Send private messages if you're interested. Apologies for the promotional effort.

- R.
"You have, let us say, a promising politician, a rising artist that you wish to destroy. Dagger or bomb are archaic and unreliable - but teach him, inoculate him with chess."
– H.G. Wells