Mephisto MMII and MMIV Modules wanted

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
Steve B
Site Admin

Mephisto MMII and MMIV Modules wanted

Post by Steve B »

Hi All

Just running through some normal annual module test checking
i tested all of my Mephisto 8 bit modules and it Seems these two modules are no longer working
first time i can think of where a Mephisto module actually went belly up on me
i tried all of the tricks using different Mephisto boards and Adaptors
they simply dont work
nothing but garbled letters in the display screen

i know these modules are easy to find on Ebay from a European seller but i was hoping someone i have had dealings with in the past could contact me to sell me these two modules
dont need anything but the program module itself
no board,display module or Manuals ..etc etc

First Time For Everything i guess Regards
Steve
Steve B
Site Admin

Post by Steve B »

I would like to thank fellow collectors Eric Belot and Nick M
who have answered my clarion call to help me replace these modules

its moments like these that we are reminded that we are members of a great community sharing the same hobby

Highest Regards
Steve
spacious_mind

Post by spacious_mind »

Steve B wrote:I would like to thank fellow collectors Eric Belot and Nick M

its moments like these that we are reminded that we are members of a great community sharing the same hobby

Highest Regards
Steve
You are welcome Steve. Actually reading your post just now what I found a worry is that you had two fail at the same time. What power supplies are you using out of curiosity. (Touch wood) I have had displays fail on me but I have never had a mephisto game module fail on me before. I was starting to think that they are almost indestructable.

Do you think that you might have a power issue?

I have in recent years almost exclusively used the appropriate German original adapter 5001, 5004, 5004B, and 5050. I had bought myself some 220V/240V power converters for both German and British computers (British for example if I use the BBC Micro or other british computers) and I use these exclusively with the Mephisto Boards. Where applicable I always use the Mephisto Power display modules with the appropriate adapter. ie Risc with the 5V 5050 plugged into the mephisto power module.

I would love to hear what other people do with their Foreign Imports.

Thanks and best regards,

Nick
Nick
Steve B
Site Admin

Post by Steve B »

spacious_mind wrote:
Steve B wrote:I would like to thank fellow collectors Eric Belot and Nick M

Highest Regards
Steve
You are welcome Steve. Actually reading your post just now what I found a worry is that you had two fail at the same time. What power supplies are you using out of curiosity. (Touch wood) I have had displays fail on me but I have never had a mephisto game module fail on me before. I was starting to think that they are almost indestructable.

Do you think that you might have a power issue?

I have in recent years almost exclusively used the appropriate German original adapter 5001, 5004, 5004B, and 5050. I had bought myself some 220V/240V power converters for both German and British computers (British for example if I use the BBC Micro or other british computers) and I use these exclusively with the Mephisto Boards. Where applicable I always use the Mephisto Power display modules with the appropriate adapter. ie Risc with the 5V 5050 plugged into the mephisto power module.

I would love to hear what other people do with their Foreign Imports.

Thanks and best regards,

Nick
well as i mentioned i tested all of my Mephisto 8 bit modules
each year i try to test all of the mephisto modules (8 bit,16,32)
thankfully all of them work except for these two
no problems with the Mirage,B&P,MMI,Rebel 3.0,MMV and MMVI
i always use the original Mephisto adapters and i tried each module with several original adaptors .i do have the US as well as European version of each adaptor (where i use an ac/dc converter)

AC/DC Regards
Steve
ricard60

Post by ricard60 »

About testing your 8 bit mephisto modules i just send you some work to do.

Boss regards
Ricardo
Steve B
Site Admin

Post by Steve B »

ricard60 wrote:About testing your 8 bit mephisto modules i just send you some work to do.

Boss regards
Ricardo

Hi Ricardo
i received your latest work order
in the spirit of cooperation and friendship amongst collectors shown to me by Eric and Nick i wil extend the same courtesy to you and help you with your latest work order request

At a reduced rate for my time of $50 per hour Regards
Steve
ricard60

Post by ricard60 »

Thanks Steve for your expensive cooperation i suppose you split in 3 those 50 bucks between Eric, Nick and You.

no more 3 guys working order regards
Ricardo