Another de Koning question

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
Reinfeld

Another de Koning question

Post by Reinfeld »

Apart from the TASC machines and the Chessmaster series, are there any dedicated machines that contain de Koning's efforts?

Obviously it's more interesting to match machines by different programmers. My impression of the 80s-90s-era heavyweights (leaving out the HIARCS/Shredder/Rybka folks):

de Koning
Morsch
Kittinger
Spracklens
Lang

I know Kaplan is another name, but I have the impression that his programs weren't quite as strong as the folks above. Who am I missing?
"You have, let us say, a promising politician, a rising artist that you wish to destroy. Dagger or bomb are archaic and unreliable - but teach him, inoculate him with chess."
– H.G. Wells
Cubeman

Post by Cubeman »

Ed Shroedder was also active during that time, I had a Mephisto Risc 1mb in the early 90's that was programmed by him.
CatPower

Post by CatPower »

yes ed schroder definitely belongs in that list, with MM IV, V, Polgar and Risc.

more de koning machines here:

http://www.schach-computer.info/wiki/in ... ing,_Johan
aka oudheusa on rybka forum