Hiarcs at the Candidates matches

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
overtond

Post by overtond »

Very neat article - your systems sound very expensive - I didn't even realise you could get a 24-core PC! I assume Windows?

Using Stockfish 2.0.1 for a Mac (I use a MacBook dual-core) I get around 1200k/sec at the starting position - I imagine the machines you are using are many 10s of times faster than this! :o)
mackgra

Post by mackgra »

Interesting article, i see it mentions you and the computers are relocating to Manchester to join us northern folk!? I hope you know what you are letting yourself in for :lol:

I also hope the national grid in manchester can also support the two monster computers when they power up the latest Hiarcs engine!
Seriously though i hope the relocation goes smoothly and i might even bump into you one day in the trafford centre.
Bryan Whitby

Post by Bryan Whitby »

Hi Graham
Harvey won't be shopping in the Trafford Centre if he works for the BBC, he'll be spending it all in Wilmslow!!
Regards from Cheshire
Bryan
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

Post by Harvey Williamson »

overtond wrote: Using Stockfish 2.0.1 for a Mac (I use a MacBook dual-core) I get around 1200k/sec at the starting position - I imagine the machines you are using are many 10s of times faster than this! :o)
I am getting about 16,000
overtond

Post by overtond »

Wow Harvey - that's fast!

I'm still very pleased with my MacBook setup though - I can play a 2h+ game anywhere just on battery juice - pretty neat!

ATB
David
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

Post by Harvey Williamson »

overtond wrote:Wow Harvey - that's fast!

I'm still very pleased with my MacBook setup though - I can play a 2h+ game anywhere just on battery juice - pretty neat!

ATB
David
You should try an iphone. Hiarcs runs really well on these.