chess tiger iphone

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
tomgdrums

Re: iPhone Speed

Post by tomgdrums »

Harvey Williamson wrote:
TheBee wrote:I have several iPhone Chess apps and what I notice most is the relative search speed of the different engines.
I have used Hiarcs for ages and recently installed on the iphone 3GS. It does appear to play as I would expect..... a strong and positionally sensible game. However, it takes many minutes to get to 12 ply depth compared to Shredder and Chess Tiger which both get to that level inside a minute usually on the same position. tChess takes a little longer but is still noticeably faster than Hiarcs. I deleted Fritz after a day as it was SOOO BAD so I don't remember how fast that was.
Is it simply that Hiarcs takes longer to analyze postional and strategic elements? Or is it just slower and therefore at a disadvantage to say Shredder?
Any comments chaps?
B
Displayed depth is not everything. if you play a match Hiarcs will beat all of those programs.

Take a look at this ratings list http://raitpref.hotbox.ru/ct001-r.htm Hiarcs on mobile devices is clearly number 1. Although you will see a slower search displayed.
It seems Hiarcs for Android is in top secret need to know development. :)
TheBee

Post by TheBee »

Thanks Harvey,
Yes, I am convinced that Hiarcs is the strongest too. Just wondered why the search speed appears so much slower...... Maybe I'm right then that it is working harder on the intrinsic position?
It often comes up with 'better' or at least more human moves especially in relatively quiet positions.
Could be a handicap in the endgame though?
B
yvaine_1

Post by yvaine_1 »

this game is goodPLAYING chess has similar strategies in our life. You need to know what to do during the opening. However, with the right skills and a little bit of practice, almost anyone can master it. :P
Melissa11

Iphone

Post by Melissa11 »

The iPhone 4G is now able to video. The usefulness of this additional feature, however, depends upon your preference. Although the majority may be as a new device called video capabilities, some may find a new simple.