HIARCS Headbangers plans for 2011

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
NATIONAL12

Post by NATIONAL12 »

Dark Horse wrote:strange, is her position lost though? from some painful internet chess experiences I dont say a thing when people play on in lost positions and just keep going,

in a team game though if one consistently votes to play on there is nothing left to do but to try to convince the others.....

a lot of internet "women" may actually be men, something i discovered through spending time at forums.... strange world the internet is....
IMO,her position is lost,but she doesent see it.
http://rybkaforum.net/cgi-bin/rybkaforu ... ?tid=20221
Dark Horse
Hiarcs Team Captain

Post by Dark Horse »

so will they adjudicate?
NATIONAL12

Post by NATIONAL12 »

Dark Horse wrote:so will they adjudicate?
NO.
TheHug

Post by TheHug »

Hello to everyone on here on the Hiarcs Team here! I was the one that helped organize the WBCCC. Which I have to say is going very well. I hope many of you are following some of the great games going on. I just wanted to make a few quick comments. After the round is over I will post a link for the game in PGN format for everyone interested.

What Paul said is above. It is unfortunate, this is a black eye for the WBCCC but it is hardly the case for the whole round. A lot of people have enjoy the games and many great games have happen in round 1. In looking thought the posts I see most of you prefer to play team matches. If you guys are interested, I maybe able to do a team match vs Rybka Forum after the tournament is over. Post and let me know what you think.
NATIONAL12

Post by NATIONAL12 »

TheHug wrote:Hello to everyone on here on the Hiarcs Team here! I was the one that helped organize the WBCCC. Which I have to say is going very well. I hope many of you are following some of the great games going on. I just wanted to make a few quick comments. After the round is over I will post a link for the game in PGN format for everyone interested.

What Paul said is above. It is unfortunate, this is a black eye for the WBCCC but it is hardly the case for the whole round. A lot of people have enjoy the games and many great games have happen in round 1. In looking thought the posts I see most of you prefer to play team matches. If you guys are interested, I maybe able to do a team match vs Rybka Forum after the tournament is over. Post and let me know what you think.

round 2(games 3&4) start march 15,here is draw.i expect most will know a number of players.BTW Banned for Life is Alan the world expert on 1.b3.
he joined late and starts with nil points.knowing his tactics this may be an advantage.

http://rybkaforum.net/cgi-bin/rybkaforu ... ?tid=21201

best to all,

regards Paul.
NATIONAL12

Post by NATIONAL12 »

just got draw for rounds 7 and 8 on WBCCC.

i am white against Sebi and have black against Werner(FULCRUM2000)

2 tough games indeed.

http://rybkaforum.net/cgi-bin/rybkaforu ... ?tid=22283
NATIONAL12

Post by NATIONAL12 »

NATIONAL12 wrote:just got draw for rounds 7 and 8 on WBCCC.

i am white against Sebi and have black against Werner(FULCRUM2000)

2 tough games indeed.

http://rybkaforum.net/cgi-bin/rybkaforu ... ?tid=22283
both games ended in draws,but i doubt if any of you could care less.
Dark Horse
Hiarcs Team Captain

Post by Dark Horse »

cool, congrats, its been quiet here
Dark Horse
Hiarcs Team Captain

Post by Dark Horse »

chessgames.com has a CC game against GM V Akobian
NATIONAL12

Post by NATIONAL12 »

Perhaps you could get another game going on this forum.Atm i have quite a lot of free time.
Dark Horse
Hiarcs Team Captain

Post by Dark Horse »

will check though most of my cg.com friends are busy with the Akobian game, a Nimzo Indian Defense...
NATIONAL12

Post by NATIONAL12 »

WBCCC 2011 has nearly finished on Rybka forum,i think i held my own.3 of the top 4 were gifted 1/2 points by opponents resigning in equal positions.2 games by banned for life(Alan) whom Harvey knows well.

i tried my best to win it as both a Rybka and Hiarcs team player but will have to settle for second place.

http://rybkaforum.net/cgi-bin/rybkaforu ... ?tid=22861

scroll down.
Watchman
Hiarcs Team Member

Post by Watchman »

Well done Paul!
TheHug

Post by TheHug »

You did well my friend Paul, I hope you have as much fun next year. :)
NATIONAL12

Post by NATIONAL12 »

Sebi will also win his game against CCC imo so we will be amongst others joint second,at least Sebi and i had no easy half points.

i think Sebi and i are decent players and both play on Hiarcs forum when given the chance. :)