Mysticum

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
blaubaer

Post by blaubaer »

Hi,
Rob Appleby wrote:….although I'd have to say that One Size Fits All …. come close…..
thumb up! :P

Catholic girls with a tiny little mustache... (Joe's Garage, not bad too) Regards, Michael :P
Rob Appleby

Post by Rob Appleby »

blaubaer wrote:Hi,
Rob Appleby wrote:….although I'd have to say that One Size Fits All …. come close…..
thumb up! :P

Catholic girls with a tiny little mustache... (Joe's Garage, not bad too) Regards, Michael :P
I see you come from Bavaria - well here's a litle bavarian tale: listening to One Size Fits All for the very first time with Hans Zimmer at his mother's flat in Engelschalking, Munich in 1974 or so, I think. His mother and my family/grandmother were next door neighbours, across the corridor from each other. We were close friends until about 76 when I left home and moved to Oxford. We even used to go on family holidays together at the Lautersee above Mittenwald or the Gardasee (of course I call it Lago di Garda now ;-)) . I haven't seen him since 1980 or so sadly.

I remember listening to Inca Roads and Evelyn, a Modified Dog, and staring at the album cover and trying to make sense of it all. A total eyeopening experience. Never forget that first time with Frank Zappa.

Having said all that, I think I admire Zappa most for his guitar playing nowadays. It was the purest expression of his incredible musicality. No-one has ever played guitar like Zappa.
nature abhors a vacuum cleaner
blaubaer

Post by blaubaer »

Hi Rob,
Rob Appleby wrote:I remember listening to Inca Roads and Evelyn, a Modified Dog, and staring at the album cover and trying to make sense of it all. A total eyeopening experience. Never forget that first time with Frank Zappa.
same with me - I was in the twenties - 'trying to make sense of it all' (lyrics of FZ) was my main activity, besides playing chess... :P

Regards, Michael