Come the Revolution of Computer Chess..."Mysticum"

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
IA

Come the Revolution of Computer Chess..."Mysticum"

Post by IA »

Come the revolution of computer chess:

http://www.schach-computer.info/wiki/index.php/Mysticum

Regards.....
ricard60

Post by ricard60 »

It seem that dedicated machines are back and stronger than ever. Hope they would not be so expensive.

staying alive regards
Ricardo
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

ricard60 wrote:It seem that dedicated machines are back and stronger than ever. Hope they would not be so expensive.

staying alive regards
Ricardo
Still I prefer to put my hands on Steve's collection....of course this very desire of mine was/is motivated by Fernando via several PMs....he told me that someday this will happen no matter what financial or physical resistance we'll encounter....

Imageregards,
Dr.D
Bryan Whitby

Post by Bryan Whitby »

Hi
Home made 'Hybrid' chess computers are now the way forward now that most of the chess computer manufacturers have given up except Ruud.
Give this man a medal for producing a great chess computer.
Bryan
Steve B
Site Admin

Post by Steve B »

Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
Still I prefer to put my hands on Steve's collection....of course this very desire of mine was/is motivated by Fernando via several PMs....he told me that someday this will happen no matter what financial or physical resistance we'll encounter....
Sadly Dr.D
i am ashamed to admit i have slowly been selling my collection ..one by one..piece by piece..on Ebay under several different assumed names
i am down to less then a handful of cheap portable units
this is why i was not even asked to give an interview for that new French dedicated chess computer site in another thread here

Fading Away Regards
Steve
ricard60

Post by ricard60 »

Steve,

It is a pity that you are doing this but remeber if you are going to sell all your colection that i am looking for an AVG2100. The rest you can sell it to Fernando.

AVG2100 regards
Ricardo
Monsieur Plastique

Post by Monsieur Plastique »

Steve B wrote:i am ashamed to admit i have slowly been selling my collection ..one by one..piece by piece..on Ebay under several different assumed names
OK then! I'll take your Novag VIP please! :lol: Anyway, it does not take an Einstein to realise if your collection were to sell piece by piece on eBay, then with the standard duration auction it would take 302.467 years to sell it all. Your ruse has therefore been exposed...unless your name is really Captain Jack Harkness. Of course, even this assumes eBay has been around that long. Another flaw in your charade.
Chess is like painting the Mona Lisa whilst walking through a minefield.
Steve B
Site Admin

Post by Steve B »

Hi Ricardo and Jon

amazingly enough.. the Fidelity EAG 2100 and the Novag VIP were the very first computers to go on the auction block
brought in a pretty penny they did..

just a few more to go and i will be down to only three left...

All totally defective and yet cosmetically pristine Novag Robot Adversaries regards
Steve
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Steve B wrote:
Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
Sadly Dr.D
i am ashamed to admit i have slowly been selling my collection ..one by one..piece by piece..on Ebay under several different assumed names
this is why i was not even asked to give an interview for that new French dedicated chess computer site in another thread here

Fading Away Regards
Steve
Sorry to hear this Steve :cry:
That devil Fernando was telling me other stories....

Anyway,I can help with the selling process if you wish....like making some banners maybe and puting them in front of the hospital where I work....I welling to do anything to help with a share of
50% regards,
Dr.D
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

Post by Harvey Williamson »

I hear the Rag and Bone man will be in Steve's Street this weekend

From Wiki:
Rag-and-bone man is a British phrase for a junk dealer. Historically the phrase referred to an individual who would travel the streets of a city with a horsedrawn cart, and would collect old rags, (for converting into fabric and paper), bones for making glue, scrap iron and other items, often trading them for other items of limited value.

They would use a distinctive call to alert householders to their presence, and/or ring a hand bell. The call was something similar to "rag-and-bone", delivered in a sing-song fashion. Long usage tended to simplify the words, for instance down to "any raa-boh", even to the point of incomprehensibility, although the locals could easily identify who was making the call. This was satirised by the comedian Marty Feldman in his "Ay-oh frye" sketch, where he played a rag-and-bone man who, when asked, had no idea what his call meant.

Almost certainly the cry "rag bone" is a phrase from Romany or a similar language, as it can be heard in Central Europe as well as in England—exactly the same.
Steve B
Site Admin

Post by Steve B »

Rags and Bones you say?

send them my way and ill sell those on Ebay as well

Im Easy Regards
Steve
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

Post by Harvey Williamson »

Steve B wrote:Image

Rags and Bones you say?

Im Easy Regards
Steve
If you can not sell them he will buy them all for a few Shekels!
Steve B
Site Admin

Post by Steve B »

Harvey Williamson wrote:
If you can not sell them he will buy them all for a few Shekels!

now you know what happens to retired CCC Moderators
Destitute Regards
Steve
Monsieur Plastique

Post by Monsieur Plastique »

I notice there is far too much negative camber on those rear cart wheels. And the front right has toe-out issues. Obviously that man had little regard for tyre wear, inside tyre temperatures or his cart's handling. This is assuming the cart even still has tyres - possibly it might not...
Chess is like painting the Mona Lisa whilst walking through a minefield.
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Steve B wrote:Image

Rags and Bones you say?

Im Easy Regards
Steve
Is the situation that bad :!: :?:

:shock: