Computer Will Not Power UP

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
turbojuice1122

Post by turbojuice1122 »

Dark Horse wrote:yeah I hope I can recover my hard drive.. if that crashed.....
Well, if all else fails, there is one solution:

http://www.gargaro.com/MaRvInWaVs/ohah.wav
PortCitySlim

Post by PortCitySlim »

I put together a list of good power supplies ranging from 500W and above. For your quad running stock heatsink and not more then 1GPU/1HD/2SATA devices and stock fans I would suggest at least 500W but without overclocking you probably would not need much more then 500W-700W PS. I like the brands Antec, Silverstone and Zalman. Corsair and OCZ make good stuff too here are some that are available here, maybe in India too just not from Newegg...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductCo ... 058%204802

Here is the PS that I own, when I bought this it was much cheaper on sale but I planned on running Raid0 HD's and possible crossfire gpu's with of course overclocking my CPU so I needed at least 700W. And I love modular PS's, modular ones keep a lot of cables internal so that the only bacles you have laying inside your case are the ones you have to have, this keeps airflow higher and creates a less messy cooler environment

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6817379006
Watchman
Hiarcs Team Member

Post by Watchman »

Dark Horse wrote:interesting, if they do have better power supply units I will definitely upgrade :D
Yes because this is a "warranty repair" right? i.e. you pretty much are stuck with what they use to service their comps with... correct or?
Dark Horse
Hiarcs Team Captain

Post by Dark Horse »

yeah, but i am willing to pay for a better power supply unit, however it seems i know have to wait till saturday for the replacement unit, the company is also not keen to sell me a fresh power supply for some reason :evil:
Dark Horse
Hiarcs Team Captain

Post by Dark Horse »

the Quadrapod is BACK!!! :D
Watchman
Hiarcs Team Member

Post by Watchman »

Indeed! Very good news!

I take it was the power supply or something else?

Btw, am doing something similar... spent the day upgrading my p.s. and video card / with a fresh Windows install on the octapus.
Dark Horse
Hiarcs Team Captain

Post by Dark Horse »

yep the power supply, but under the warranty terms they replaced it (they were very reluctant to sell me a new one, maybe scared I would go to the consumer forum perhaps)
JEB_Tucson

Post by JEB_Tucson »

Great to see your back up and running. I go through power supplies frequently and I feel "lost" during the down time.
zeeshan

Post by zeeshan »

It's a dreadful way to start a day - you press the power button on your computer and nothing happens. Few computer problems are more frustrating than when your computer won't boot.