list of our chess computers , let's share it

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
Steve B
Site Admin

Post by Steve B »

kgvetter wrote:I still like to play on lichess, I have played 1861 games at 10 + 5 so far and got only 4 times the message, that my opponent had cheated.

I don't understand how someone can cheat technically at 2 or 3min per game but maybe I am too naive...

At some point I reached 1900 but am slowly working my way down again. I am pretty sure that most of my opponents are playing honest...

Gerhard
i have played literary thousands of games on PlayChess over the years
mainly 2-3 min.blitz games..unrated
one indication that the opponent is using an engine is when he can peel off 20+ blunder free moves with 5 seconds left on his clock and he wins on time
this is quite common

another sign is when the opponent plays a weak game to start off ...then as his position is almost hopeless his strength rises dramatically while playing instantly.

i could go on but i guess you get the idea...

Cheating Regards
Steve
Last edited by Steve B on Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fluppio

Post by Fluppio »

Steve B wrote:
kgvetter wrote:I still like to play on lichess, I have played 1861 games at 10 + 5 so far and got only 4 times the message, that my opponent had cheated.

I don't understand how someone can cheat technically at 2 or 3min per game but maybe I am too naive...

At some point I reached 1900 but am slowly working my way down again. I am pretty sure that most of my opponents are playing honest...

Gerhard
mainly 2-3 blitz games..unrated
one indication that the opponent is using an engine is when he can peel off 20+ blunder free moves with 5 seconds left on his clock and he wins on time
this is quite common

another sign is when the opponent plays a weak game to start off ...then as his position is almost hopeless his strength rises dramatically while playing instantly.

Cheating Regards
Steve
Hi Steve, i don't know PlayChess, but on LiChess I have played thousands of games (as Gerhard) and only a few times got cheated. Maybe they use a better algorithm to catch cheater?
Just playing regards
Peter
Ja_Chess

Post by Ja_Chess »

Steve B wrote:

Gerhard
this is quite common

Cheating Regards
Steve
I have heard some of the top players mention online that the chess sites such as chess.com are working on better systems to detect cheats quickly and accurately and this should be in force fairly soon? In my case I was actually sent a messgae by chess.com saying that I had been chetaed and they cuaght them out and chess.com gave me back the rating points and the win for the game but this was a few weeks after it had happened. anyway I like to play 15/10 time control or 15 mins with the desktop computers and with this time control you are an easy target for the engine cheats.
I have to say though my main reason for changing from online chess to desktop chess computers was the internet connection going down in the middle of a game! this happened to me a dozen times and infuriating each time and we pay enough for our braodband now so there is no way I am paying even more for guaranteed connection (rip off).
fourthirty

Post by fourthirty »

Fluppio wrote:
Steve B wrote:

Gerhard
this is quite common

Cheating Regards
Steve
Hi Steve, i don't know PlayChess, but on LiChess I have played thousands of games (as Gerhard) and only a few times got cheated. Maybe they use a better algorithm to catch cheater?
Just playing regards
Peter
Did anyone else follow the Dadang Subur (Dewa Kipas) & Levy Rozman (Gotham Chess) cheating saga?

Chess streamer Levy called out Dadang for cheating during a live Chess.com Twitch stream. Dadang got banned. Then the death threats to Levy and his girlfriend started to pour in:

https://www.wired.com/story/bird-feed-s ... arassment/

Details about the follow up match, which attempted to prove Dadang's innocence (and was the most watched live chess stream in history):

https://www.chess.com/news/view/most-wa ... dewa-kipas

Unrelated to cheating, there has been additional drama over the past few weeks related to online chess streaming centered around GM Hikaru Nakamura, chess streamer "Chessbrah", and moderator "Chessbae":

https://www.dexerto.com/entertainment/g ... e-1552266/

Too much drama playing online. I'm going back to playing my...

Par Excellence regards...
Greg
Ja_Chess

Post by Ja_Chess »

fourthirty wrote:
Fluppio wrote:
Steve B wrote:

Gerhard
this is quite common

Cheating Regards
Steve
Just playing regards
Peter
Did anyone else follow the Dadang Subur (Dewa Kipas) & Levy Rozman (Gotham Chess) cheating saga?

Chess streamer Levy called out Dadang for cheating during a live Chess.com Twitch stream. Dadang got banned. Then the death threats to Levy and his girlfriend started to pour in:

https://www.wired.com/story/bird-feed-s ... arassment/

Details about the follow up match, which attempted to prove Dadang's innocence (and was the most watched live chess stream in history):

https://www.chess.com/news/view/most-wa ... dewa-kipas

Unrelated to cheating, there has been additional drama over the past few weeks related to online chess streaming centered around GM Hikaru Nakamura, chess streamer "Chessbrah", and moderator "Chessbae":

https://www.dexerto.com/entertainment/g ... e-1552266/

Too much drama playing online. I'm going back to playing my...

Par Excellence regards...
Greg
Hi, yeah I caught all that drama on twitch recently and watched the Dewa match vs Levy live and Dewa vs WGM live and he went from 90+ accuracy to 30+ accuracy for both matches 'funny that'!. He fooled half of Indonesia who blindly backed him just because he is from the same country? Never back someone unless you know for sure that they are for real.

I also caught all the Hiakru drama which is still going on! Hikaru split way's with chessbae only well after the fact and after being told that if he didn't part way's his stream would suffer far too much. Now we have Magnus Carlsen on twitch stream who is becoming more popular than Hikaru and you just know that must be driving Hikaru nuts! Hikaru a great blitz and bullet chess player but not such a great human being as he keeps reminding us, shame.
paulwise3

Post by paulwise3 »

This thread is going sideways I'm afraid...
Well then let me tell you about a few of my latest aquisitions:
- The almost unbeatable Millennium King performance
- Mephisto Berlin 68000 12 MHz
- A defect Fidelity Sensory 9
- CXG Advanced Star Chess
- Systema Challenge (I guess I have about 8 computers with this same Horvath program...)

Yesterday I visited Luuk Hofman, and my Fidelity Chesster Challenger defeated his very rare CXG 40 Plus (program version 2.04), see http://www.schaakcomputers.nl/schaakcom ... 7&merk=CXG
Although it should have lost the second game, but the 40 Plus let him escape with move repetition. So 1,5 - 0,5 (30 sec/move average)
2024 Special thread: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12741
2024 Special results and standings: https://schaakcomputers.nl/paul_w/Tourn ... 25_06.html
If I am mistaken, it must be caused by a horizon effect...
Ja_Chess

Post by Ja_Chess »

paulwise3 wrote:This thread is going sideways I'm afraid...
Well then let me tell you about a few of my latest aquisitions:
- The almost unbeatable Millennium King performance
- Mephisto Berlin 68000 12 MHz
- A defect Fidelity Sensory 9
- CXG Advanced Star Chess
- Systema Challenge (I guess I have about 8 computers with this same Horvath program...)

Yesterday I visited Luuk Hofman, and my Fidelity Chesster Challenger defeated his very rare CXG 40 Plus (program version 2.04), see http://www.schaakcomputers.nl/schaakcom ... 7&merk=CXG
Although it should have lost the second game, but the 40 Plus let him escape with move repetition. So 1,5 - 0,5 (30 sec/move average)
Very nice purchases. I have to admit I have been looking at the millennium king performance myself and will probably invest in one soon. I am a fan of the mephisto computers the Atlanta and Berlin especially but they sell a bit too high for my taste (I guess that price will only increase in the future?) or maybe they will come down to what I think they are actually worth, then I will buy them.
Can anyone tell me if the ratings given on schach computer and spacious mind are actually accurate or are they just wild estimates?
ferribaci

Post by ferribaci »

Hello folks,
You can find my complete collection listed in my profile at Schachcomputer.Info.

I have just added a Leonardo and two modules to my collection. One Analyst 6 MHz and one Analyst 8 MHz. I was really lucky once in an ebay auction.

I only had to drive 40 km to pick up the package. The Leonardo was without a power supply unit. The modules were offered as defective. When I got home, a power supply unit was connected and the two analysts worked without any problems.

Next I hope to be able to look at a Chafitz ARB 4.0 50 S.

For now, I am busy with a small active chess tournament between the modules Maestro A 4 MHz,
Analyst B 6 MHz, Maestro D+ 6 MHz and Analyst B 8 MHz. I will then also use the D+ and D++ eproms and test their progress.

We know no boredom!
Dave C

Really nice Additions

Post by Dave C »

ferribaci wrote:Hello folks,
You can find my complete collection listed in my profile at Schachcomputer.Info.

I have just added a Leonardo and two modules to my collection. One Analyst 6 MHz and one Analyst 8 MHz. I was really lucky once in an ebay auction.

I only had to drive 40 km to pick up the package. The Leonardo was without a power supply unit. The modules were offered as defective. When I got home, a power supply unit was connected and the two analysts worked without any problems.

Next I hope to be able to look at a Chafitz ARB 4.0 50 S.

For now, I am busy with a small active chess tournament between the modules Maestro A 4 MHz,
Analyst B 6 MHz, Maestro D+ 6 MHz and Analyst B 8 MHz. I will then also use the D+ and D++ eproms and test their progress.

We know no boredom!
Hi Ferribaci - very nice additions. 'The Leonardo board is made so much better with one or more of the Analyst modules and its included display. I have been looking for a nice Chafitz ARB 4.0 for a while and have had no luck yet. Hope you can find one.

Dave
paulwise3

Post by paulwise3 »

Ja_Chess wrote:Very nice purchases. I have to admit I have been looking at the millennium king performance myself and will probably invest in one soon. I am a fan of the mephisto computers the Atlanta and Berlin especially but they sell a bit too high for my taste (I guess that price will only increase in the future?) or maybe they will come down to what I think they are actually worth, then I will buy them.
Can anyone tell me if the ratings given on schach computer and spacious mind are actually accurate or are they just wild estimates?
I was lucky to get the Berlin for less then 100 euro. It is the 12 MHz version, which is about 60 elo-points less then the 24 MHz version. But still a strong player.

About the ratings given on schachcomputer.info: they are based on many games between chess computers. See for instance https://www.schachcomputer.info/html/ak ... liste.html
And as an indication of being accurate: In 2019 there were 4 chesscomputers participating in an open rapid tournament (FishPartners Open), 25 min./game, with human players varying from 1500 elo to grandmaster. And (coincidence?!) 3 of them performed a rating very close to their active rating. Only one fell a little behind, but the main cause of that was, that it had an electric problem and did not move anymore in one game, so the operator had to resign.
Extra "handicap" for the computers was, that we played with external clock, so operater's time included. To cope with that, we had to set our computers at level 15 minutes for the whole game.
2024 Special results and standings: https://schaakcomputers.nl/paul_w/Tourn ... 25_06.html
paulwise3

Post by paulwise3 »

ferribaci wrote: We know no boredom!
That is the spirit Franz! :-D
Ja_Chess

Post by Ja_Chess »

paulwise3 wrote:
Ja_Chess wrote:Very nice purchases. I have to admit I have been looking at the millennium king performance myself and will probably invest in one soon. I am a fan of the mephisto computers the Atlanta and Berlin especially but they sell a bit too high for my taste (I guess that price will only increase in the future?) or maybe they will come down to what I think they are actually worth, then I will buy them.
I was lucky to get the Berlin for less then 100 euro. It is the 12 MHz version, which is about 60 elo-points less then the 24 MHz version. But still a strong player.

About the ratings given on schachcomputer.info: they are based on many games between chess computers. See for instance https://www.schachcomputer.info/html/ak ... liste.html
And as an indication of being accurate: In 2019 there were 4 chesscomputers participating in an open rapid tournament (FishPartners Open), 25 min./game, with human players varying from 1500 elo to grandmaster. And (coincidence?!) 3 of them performed a rating very close to their active rating. Only one fell a little behind, but the main cause of that was, that it had an electric problem and did not move anymore in one game, so the operator had to resign.
Extra "handicap" for the computers was, that we played with external clock, so operater's time included. To cope with that, we had to set our computers at level 15 minutes for the whole game.
That's a great price for a Berlin and I would most certainly have purchased it myself for that price. There have been 2 Mephisto Atlanta's sold on Ebay the past few months and both got over 500 euros each, which for a 20+ chess computer is a bit much for my taste.
Thanks for the info about the ratings as I mentioned before I am now playing my chess games vs desktop chess computers only (as got fed up with online chess games for various reasons) and I now rate the games myself as well using the older Arpad Elo system and so I rely on these estimated ratings on schach and spacious for accuracy. Good to hear that they are pretty much there.
bikemartyn

Post by bikemartyn »

Hi,

I have (in appx decreasing order of strength):

Millennium - King Performance (with upgraded pieces. I love it!)

Saitek - Explorer Pro (great, but hyper aggressive early, easy to beat in end game)

Saitek - Travel Expert (c.2000ELCO travel computer, similar to above)

Saitek - Kasparov Turbo Advanced Trainer (bought for training modes - now replaced with MKP)

Excalibur - Einstein E=MC2 Master (looks shiny, plays poorly)

Saitek - Travel Plus - (old looking, kinda golden brown and weak)

I still would love more... but the financial reality is I may have to sell some.

Wish List: Revelation 2, Millennium Supreme Tournament 55.

Martyn
bikemartyn

Re: My List

Post by bikemartyn »

cornetmike wrote:Hello everybody! Dedicated chess computers have always fascinated me. Here's my miniscule collection:

Fidelity "Excellence" - I was truly amazed at how well this played when I first got it home. Still plays an interesting game, but I've learned strategies that work well against it. The strongest machine in my "collection."

Radio Shack "Chess Companion" - Plays very poorly at lower levels and at higher levels response time is forever and a day. Just touch the machine and the pieces fall over everywhere! :lol:

Excalibur "King Arthur" - this plays a reasonable if dull game but often comes up with truly illogical and even stupid moves, even at higher levels. Not too hard to beat.

Wish list: Novag "Obsidian," Saitek "Expert Travel C.C.," Excalibur "Alexandra."

Long live Collector's Corner!

warm regards
Mikey
Hi, I may be (reluctantly) persuaded to sell an intact Saitek Expert Travel Chess. I will not put it on Ebay as I don't like the whole 'try to get it cheap and re-sell for more' malarkey, but for a collector who specifically want's it. (and I've just bought my first house, so I'm skint).
larryadler

Post by larryadler »

Here are my acutual holdings:

Mephisto America II (my first one),
Mephisto Europa A (replacement pieces),
Mephisto Europa (board only),
Mephisto Saitek Chess Trainer (only around 60% of pieces)
Mephisto Talking Chess Academy (Schachakademie)
Mephisto Travel Chess Computer
Mephisto Mondial (board only)
Mephisto Milano
Mephisto Super Mondial (ver. A) (board only)
Mephisto Super Mondial (ver. B)
Mephisto Mobil
Mephisto Modular A
Mephisto Exclusive (without white rock)
Mephisto Mirage
Mephisto MM II
Mephisto Merlin 16k (board only)
Systema Talking Chess Master (board only)
Krypton Schachpartner 2 (board only)
Fidelity Chess Challenger 10
Fidelity Sensory Chess Challenger 8
Fidelity Sensory Chess Challenger 9
Millenium Karpov Schachpartner (board only)
Millenium Orion 256k (board only)
Milenium Orion 2000
Millennium Sprechender Schachmeister (board only)
Millennium Sprechender Schachmeister 3000 (board only)
Millennium Sprechende Schachschule
Millenium Karpov Chess + (board only)
Millenium Schachmeister Pro 2
Milenium ChessGenius
Milenium ChessGenius Pro
Novag Mentor 16 (without white queen and white pawn),
Novag Crystal
Novag Beluga (board only)
Novag Agate
Novag Solo
Novag Citrine
Chess Champion Super System 3
Lexibook Chessman Elite (without white and black knights)
Saitek Travel Champion 2100
Saitek Team-Mate (board only)
Saitek Kasparov Simultano
Saitek Kasparov Atlas (board only)
RadioShack Portable 1650L
Chafitz Boris Diplomat
Tiger Chess Marathon (board only)
SciSys Chess Partner 4000 (board only)
SciSys Chess Champion II (board only)
CXG Enterprise S (only around 60% of pieces)
CXG Computachess II
Chess Mate (klon Toytronic Chess Electronics)
PowerBrain Talking Chess Academy
Schneider Sensor Chessmaster MK 6 (board only).