ChessCube?

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
gabeeg

ChessCube?

Post by gabeeg »

I haven't heard anybody mention this free online chess server...anybody here tried it? I created an acount and browsed around. Not a ton of features but I personally like the interface. I just purchased Rybka so have another year of playchess coming and have a FICs account...so I have options. I am just curious about opinions of chesscube if anybody else has tried it.

despite my low post count...this is not an ad :) chesscube may suck for all I know...
The Wizard

Post by The Wizard »

Hi,
A couple of friends play on chesscube and like it. I did register to have a look around and it does look quite snazzy :) They seem to have free videos to watch etc and is def worth a look

Regards
Ted Summers

Re: ChessCube?

Post by Ted Summers »

gabeeg wrote:I haven't heard anybody mention this free online chess server...anybody here tried it? I created an acount and browsed around. Not a ton of features but I personally like the interface. I just purchased Rybka so have another year of playchess coming and have a FICs account...so I have options. I am just curious about opinions of chesscube if anybody else has tried it.

despite my low post count...this is not an ad :) chesscube may suck for all I know...
Very nice web chess interface, the best I've seen to date.

Thanks for sharing! :wink:
"Good decisions come from experience, and experience come from bad decisions."
sdfghjkl123

Typical rip-off

Post by sdfghjkl123 »

Chesscube is not better, than any other paying chess portal. First (about 2-3 months ago) they give you 100 cubits if you login, than after a while this slowly decreases to 25 (now). If you play simple games, the wager is reduced by about 16%, this goes directly back to chesscube. At the same time the entry fee for tournaments increases, and the number and amount of prizes is gradually reduced. Winning of crowns? Impossible, since there are very few tournaments where you can do it. At least the GUI is not bad, but the many advertisements are annoying and why the hell is the "log out" button hidden? So to conclude, setting up chesscube was a "great" job by the marketing department: bait the people and cash out when enough costumers are aboard. Pathetic. But why am I complaining? Because for a moment, I thought this portal will be different...
Bryan Whitby

Post by Bryan Whitby »

Hi
Thought you where referring to my 'Intelligent Chess Cube' http://theintelligentchesscube.yolasite.com/
But obviously not :D
Bryan