Check Check

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
Fernando
Admiral of the Fleet

Check Check

Post by Fernando »

This is one of those programs that very few know. It was created by a Mr. Delmare, a scientist and a man with a thorough skill for photography, which is the thing he does these days I believe. Check Check was a commercial program and even in his days I do not think was very successful or maybe it was for a time, but now, as with many others, has vanished. When we think of 80's or 90's programs we think of Genius, Rebel, Fritz, Chessmater, Colossus, and some others, but Check Check? No way.
It is a good program with a very pleasant GUI, though unfortunately in German without the option to change it to English, the Lingua Franca of the modern world. My German is almost unexistent but is not that hard to realize what button does what. I evaluate its strength playing at 40 in one hour as around 1900 Elo, perhaps more. It has a nice style and I enjoy a lot playing it. It is one of the programs embedded in the collection of old DOS you can get in Mr. Huber's place.
Get it!

Fern
Festina Lente
mclane

Re: Check Check

Post by mclane »

Wolfgang is a very nice guy.
What seems like a fairy tale today may be reality tomorrow.
Here we have a fairy tale of the day after tomorrow....
mclane

Re: Check Check

Post by mclane »

Checkcheck was ahead of its time. It had very cool graphics and tablebases
What seems like a fairy tale today may be reality tomorrow.
Here we have a fairy tale of the day after tomorrow....