Save Hiarcs customization on DGT Revelation 2?

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
ecsrun

Save Hiarcs customization on DGT Revelation 2?

Post by ecsrun »

Greetings,

I had some bad luck with these units a few years back and ended up returning it due to a defect. I am looking to possibly purchase one of the remaining few DGT Revelation 2 AE boards on the market. When I last tried the unit, I believe it was FW 3.22 approximately in 2019. One of the challenges I had was that I am 1700-1800 ELO player (don't laugh - yes I know this is a problem!). In any event, I must tame the engine parameters on the Revelation to provide an engaging game that will not crush me. With the last Revelation unit I tried, I was not able to save the Hiarcs ELO engine settings, or any engine settings for that matter. This was particularly problematic given that it required a few dozen key presses to re-configure the engine each time I wanted to play (change ELO down to 1700).

Can anyone with a current DGT Revelation 2, and recent FW, verify if this is still the case? Can you save engine settings like ELO with Hiarcs?

Any help here is much appreciated - thank you!