Three Dutch gifts for Android

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
TomFurga

Three Dutch gifts for Android

Post by TomFurga »

without any advertising...

1. Chess for Android from Aart Bik, a very good and well-known program that needs no further explanation.

2. Senior Chess from Leen Ammeraal, a strong program whose level is adjustable with a percentage (0 - 100%) weird moves.
An online table base is available for endgames with a maximum of 5 pieces.

3. Chess by Jeroen Carolus, including Chess 960, Duck Chess and Blindfold mode.
The levels are adjustable in time or search depth and the Quiescence Search can be switched on and off. This gives you games that are reminiscent of the early chess computers.
Search the Play Store for Chess Jeroen Carolus and you will see it at the first hit.

with generous greetings from Holland
Tom
Murat

Re: Three Dutch gifts for Android

Post by Murat »

Aart's app supports electronic boards. It is my choice of android apps along with Chess Dojo.

Murat
TomFurga

Post by TomFurga »

My choice of these three programs was because they are free and made by Dutch people.

Of course there are more good programs, paid and unpaid, and everyone's choice depends on personal preference.

I myself have 11 chess programs for Android, including Chess Dojo, and they all have their own charm.

And if the current users of Hiarcs don't ask for too many changes and additions, further delaying the development of the Android version promised for this quarter, I may soon add Hiarcs as number 12. :)

Tom
Murat

Post by Murat »

I have been waiting for Hiarcs for android for many many many years.
At this point all I ask is electronic board, third party book and OEX engine support.

make it happen regards

Murat
jarek

Post by jarek »

TomFurga wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 5:22 pm I myself have 11 chess programs for Android, including Chess Dojo, and they all have their own charm.
Hi Tom,

can you please name all 11 that you use?
I'm currently looking into different chess software for Android.

Do you know any playing software with personalities (would be especially appreciated by my son) or with self-adaptive mechanism? (apart from Shredder)

I would be also interested in a tactics / puzzle trainer that lets you drill your own PGN/FEN file.

Looking forward to seeing your "top 11" :)

Android regards,
Jarek
TomFurga

Post by TomFurga »

Hi Jarek

This is my collection:
1. Mobialia Chess, 2. Chess (by Jeroen Carolus), 3. Chess Dojo(with personalities), 4. Chess Genius, 5. Play Magnus, 6. Chess (AI Factory), 7. Shredder, 8. SparkChess, 9. The Chess - Crazy Bishop -, 10. DroidFish, 11. Chess for Android, and Stockfish Engines (by Karl Schreiner).

Tom
TomFurga

Post by TomFurga »

I don't have any tactics / puzzle trainer but I am sure you can find them in the Play Store.

Tom