Septennial…$50 starting bid.

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
Larry

Septennial…$50 starting bid.

Post by Larry »

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/374518947513
It looks to be in good condition, and moderately rare. It does come with bragging rights.
Not meaning to be picky, I did notice something worth mentioning for any potential bidders.
The computer itself has the <SEPTENNIAL> sticker on the front left of the wooden frame.
There should also be a Septennial sticker on the equivalent place on the picture of
the game on the box. I can’t see one, leading me to suspect it is not the original box.
If the box is original there will be a Septennial sticker on one of the end flaps. Anyone
planning to bid might like to ask the seller if the serial numbers match. If they don’t,
then this will be an issue come selling time.
L
Steve B
Site Admin

Re: Septennial…$50 starting bid.

Post by Steve B »

Larry wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 11:22 am https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/374518947513
Anyone
planning to bid might like to ask the seller if the serial numbers match. If they don’t,
then this will be an issue come selling time.
L
Keen Eye on the Septennial spotting ...and fair point on the serial stickers ... but ...to be honest ... these serial number stickers on the boxes were very flimsy and over the years many have fallen off of the Fidelity Boxes in my collection

On the other hand...im sure the seller has no clue that what he is selling is not a run-o-the-mill Champion Sensory but really a far rarer Septennial
any question like that posed to the seller might raise his curiosity and with it..the asking price

Silence Is Golden Regards
Steve
Larry

Re: Septennial…$50 starting bid.

Post by Larry »

US $277…!…plus shipping
I just happened to drop by the auction as I sit in an inner city coffee shop sipping a latte, at
the very time the final seconds were counting down. A sniper was waiting in the wings…
was it anyone here?
enjoy your Septennial regards…
Larry