Conchess Ambassador/Monarch

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
NBJourneyman

Conchess Ambassador/Monarch

Post by NBJourneyman »

Hello to all.
I'm new here and this is my first post...

It's been a good number of years since I played a lot of chess but have in the last few months renewed my love of the game. I bought a Novag Mentor16 and enjoy using it a lot, I'm relearning so much! In addition I managed to get hold of a Conchess unit with the A0 and L0 modules on board but sadly, no power supply. So yes, it's untested and I know they can be a pain with reed switches etc, but I'm confident in repairing/replacing as needed. So does anyone know the power needs of this machine? I know it's a DIN type plug and they're no so common now but again, I can convert to another connector once I know the voltage and amperage needed.

I hope someone here can help as I've searched the internet but found nothing at all on power.

Thanks in advance!
Mike
NBJourneyman

Re: Conchess Ambassador/Monarch

Post by NBJourneyman »

Hi Eric and thanks for the welcome... I hope to become an active member as my experience builds.

Thanks also for all the links. I've had a look through and although I'm not great at languages I can pick out a few bits of useful info there... seems there's some debate about the voltage and current draw so I'll start at 7.5v 650mA and raise it gradually if I need to until I get it right.

Once I have it up and running and it all checks out I'll be back!

Best regards
Mike
Bryan Whitby

Post by Bryan Whitby »

Hi Eric

Many thanks from me for the links as there where a couple that I had never seen.

Regards
Bryan
Cheyenne

Post by Cheyenne »

Hi Mike
Did you identify the correct power requirements for the conchess monarch? After many year I have pulled out my machine which has been boxed away for I guess for 30 year in the original packaging but for whatever reason that I now forget there is no power adaptor. I imagine that will be the start of my hurdles but I would love to get it going again but the starter is obviously finding an appropriate power supply

Any info would be appreciated
Tibono2

Post by Tibono2 »

Hi,

if anyone is still looking for a power adapter...
https://www.leboncoin.fr/collection/2492033018.htm

Cheers,
Tibono